IGNORED

The five most easy games on the Lynx

SwedenLynxer

The five most easy games on the Lynx:

1. Lynx Othello (To easy but still fun to play)

2. Double Dragon (If played on "Easy-mode")

3. RoadBlasters (Has almost 50 levels I think! But if you play it to much..)

4. Gates of Zendocon (Easy but one of the BEST games to Lynx)

5. Ponx (Easy and simple just as it should be)

And of course Dracula is very easy when you know exactly what to do ;)

Wow - one of the 100 (or so) people who bought "Lynx Othello" likes it ! :D My playtesters didn't win more than 80% of the time on any level so I figured it was hard enough. Maybe I need smarter playtesters?

As far as easy games go, I'd add:

Hydra

Rampage (not so much getting to the end, but just in playing it)

Slime World

Xenophobe (with 2 or more players)

ElectroCop

If you find Ponx too easy, try playing on "Insane" with multi-ball -- you can get up to 3 balls at once with a cheat enabled. In the past I would lose about half the time against the Lynx opponent! :)

I think Basketbrawl was one of the easiest (and most disappointing) Lynx games I've ever played...

You think Rampart is easy?!! I thought in the later rounds the game is an absolute bear to play and is harder than the Arcade. How do you get to the island? I never did. Have you went through the entire game? What are your hints?

Klax is challenging but I don't think it is easy. I think Switchblade II is easy to play. How about Gordo? Scrapyard Dog? Robosquash? Football?

It's been awhile since I played Rampart for an extended period. I did get very far, but never beat it. (I don't think you can.)

Hints? Hmm... My strategy is to:

1. Box up your flag with 4 cannons. This prevents those little twerps from burning it.

2. Go for the red ships first (obviously, they cause the worst damage.)

3. Ignore fixing your castle and just wrap around it quickly. Also, single blocks will disappear so you don't have to build as much.

4. *IF* you have time left, build a dummy castle away from your main castle. This gives the enemy another target besides you. (This is a definite MUST in the later rounds.)

5. Grab as many other castles quickly.

6. Fire your cannons sparingly.

As for Klax, any game that I've finished I have to consider to be easy... I don't finish that many games! :wink:

In no particular order:

1. Turbo Sub - I finished it the first time I played it.

2. Gates of Zendocon

3. Blue Lightning

4. Klax

5. Rampart (I'm the master, right Tim?  :P )

You got lucky. :D

I'd have to add California Games. Once you figure out the strategies for racking up the points on each of the mini games, the sky's the limit.

Gates of Zendocon is pretty easy, but it always bores me to tears before I get to the end.

I don't think Turbo Sub is that easy. Of course, I got bored with it a little too quickly, so maybe I just haven't played it enough.

Unfortunately Turbo Sub is REALLY easy. It turns out you can just skip a bunch of stuff, especially while underwater, simply by holding left or right. Even the final boss can be beaten using this trick -- his shots will likely never touch you. Like Greg, I beat this game the first time I played it. Same was true with Basketbrawl.

I'm amazed someone completed Klax, though! That's a cool game and I would have not thought ANYONE could consider it easy. ;)

California Games is easy to play, agreed, but it's not easy to score those big points! Even if you know what to do, all it takes is one drop of the footbag, a couple of misfires on your surfboard, hitting a bump on the track, or falling in the halfpipe to ruin your hopes of toppling your best score. That's what makes this title great -- the classic "easy to play, difficult to master" concept that companies like Atari and Epyx were so good at producing.

Contrast this to Basketbrawl, where easy to play = easy to master = no fun at all. :(

And one of my absolute favorite Lynx games is playing Cal Games surfing in comlynx mode. Can you say Combat Surfing? I knew you could! This completely changes your strategy in the game.

My "easy" list would have to include:

Xybots

Switchblade II

Gates of Zendocon

Othello

Turbo Sub

Xybots & Switchblade 2 I was practically able to walk through the first time I played. I found Switchblade 2 so easy that I've only played it a few times because there's no real challenge. Xybots I like and can usually play until I'm tired of playing it or the batteries start to die. Turbo Sub I found fairly easy and fairly uninteresting. Othello is a great game but even on Aggressive it's fairly easy to beat unless I'm not paying attention. Gates of Zendocon is another game that I can play for hours or until the batteries die. I've never actually reached the end though.

The first two levels of Rampart are easy but it definatly gets very hard very fast. Great game though. Likewise I can play Klax for a long time but haven't been able to beat it (Heck I didn't even know it had an end) so I cannot consider it one of the easiest games. Any game that gets me to tilt my Lynx or move it side to side like it's going to change the speed of the cursor I wouldn't put on the easy list. Warbirds is another one that I do that on. I'm constantly tilting the Lynx like it's going to make me turn or dive faster or something.

--------------------------------------------------------

Your ad here