IGNORED

Is there something wrong with my 7800 Ms.Pac-man?

Rik

Hi guys!I have a weird question.Last week i bought Ms.Pac-man for my 7800.When i got home i plugged it in just for a few seconds to make sure it worked.So tonight i plugged it in again and noticed that in every maze the power pills,wafers,whatever they're called,the dots that ms pac-man eats,are missing around the middle part of every screen.Funny thing is, i never recalled if there are supposed to be dots in the middle of the mazes.I plugged in the 2600 ms pac-man,and there are no dots missing,including the middle.Is the 7800 version suposed to be that way,or is the cart screwed?I looked up some screenshots,but not sure if those show the game before moving Ms.Pac-man or not.Thanx

I must say though,that it looks pretty strange with the dots missing around the ghost houses.

Have you never seen the arcade or any other home versions?

Lets face it, the 2600 versions of both Pac-Man and Ms.Pac-man are not accurate. :P

I must say though,that it looks pretty strange with the dots missing around the ghost houses.

Lets face it, the 2600 versions of both Pac-Man and Ms.Pac-man are not accurate. :P

Exactly. The 7800 versions are much more arcade accurate!

Edited by Lord Helmet

Nope,thats just it,i dont recall what any of the arcade versions looked like.I'm used to seeing the whole maze with dots,including around the ghost houses,on the other Pac-man games.So if the 7800 version is more accurate,thus doesnt have the dots around the ghost houses,thats GREAT!im all for accuracy.Just wanted to check if my new 7800 Ms.Pac-man was defective or not.I was scared there for a while that my 7800 console was starting to show its age and starting to play little tricks on me!

Edited by Rik

Nope,thats just it,i dont recall what any of the arcade versions looked like.I'm used to seeing the whole maze with dots,including around the ghost houses,on the other Pac-man games.So if the 7800 version is more accurate,thus doesnt have the dots around the ghost houses,thats GREAT!im all for accuracy.Just wanted to check if my new 7800 Ms.Pac-man was defective or not.I was scared there for a while that my 7800 console was starting to show its age and starting to play little tricks on me!

There's several arcade screenshots here, scroll all the way down for one with no dots eaten: http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8782