IGNORED

Something wrong with my 7800?

thewesker

I've only been trying to hook it up with NES RF Adapters, would that have any effect on it? I've tried a few different ones and they all produce the same picture.

you CAN'T use an NES adaptor. It's not the same thing. You need just a normal RCA cable and a RCA to COAX adaptor.

I had bought the RCA to Coax adapter when I bought the system along with Pac-Man collection. I ran to Radio Shack today and got an RCA cable and it works and looks great now! Thanks guys!

Tonight I can finally enjoy some Pac-Man goodness. Also one more question, is Joust (2600) a game said to be incompatible with 7800's? It's the only game I have that refuses to work, and the cart looks to be in decent condition.

Nope, Joust should work on your 7800.

From the faq:

There are known incompatibilities with some NTSC versions of the 7800. Games that may not work include Robot Tank, Decathlon, Space Shuttle, Time Pilot, Kool-Aid Man and the Supercharger. In short, 7800s manufactured in 1984 seem to be fully compatible, whereas those manufactured later have inconsistent incompatibilities.