IGNORED

What 2600 Game Would You Like To See Ported To The 5200?

TunnelRunner

There were a score of games that were rumored/scheduled to be ported to the 5200, and a hundred more that could have been. My list of "Wish They Were On the 5200":

1. Tunnel Runner (just a plain old nightmarish game with a scary theme)

2. Marble Madness (not a 2600, but Atari arcade game and hell..it's a Trak Ball game!)

3. Survival Island (eliminate the Supercharger loads)

4. Escape from the MindMaster/Dragonstomper (ditto)

5. Robot Tank (should have happened)

Okay, you? :cool:

1. Journey Escape. A race across a field of glowing stars, with 4 channel 8 bit square wave form.

2. Communist Mutants From Outer Space. Also, the 5200 needs a Starpath upgrade option, since I'm making wishes...

3. ET - I want to see if there was the seed of a good idea buried in there.

Runners up -

4. Halloween - The original Survival Horror Nemesis returns.

5. Superman - Because Superman without hair is proof Luthor won somehow.

6. Double Dragon - because the 7800 wasn't able to do it justice.

Games that someone beat me to naming.

7. Yar's Revenge.

8. Solaris.

Game I just thought of -

9. Night driver.

Circus. :)

Steve (Classics) ported Clowns and Baloons onto his Multicart. Plays most excellent with a 5200 paddle. :D

Oh? I'd be happy to have more details on this. Sorry, I don't know about Steve (Classics) and his multi-cart yet.

A Circus-ish game would make for good play testing for an adapter I'm building and for a controller I'm developing.

Ah, here it is: http://www.atarimax.com/usb5200/documentation/

[Edit]: Maybe not. It says "Please note: No commercial ROM images are included with this product. It is shipped blank with only programming, self-test and menu software. Any commercial product names seen on software screenshots are for illustration purposes only and are not included with this product."

Edited by BigO

Ah, here it is: http://www.atarimax.com/usb5200/documentation/

[Edit]: Maybe not. It says "Please note: No commercial ROM images are included with this product. It is shipped blank with only programming, self-test and menu software. Any commercial product names seen on software screenshots are for illustration purposes only and are not included with this product."

Mine is the original multicart which came preloaded w/games. I dont think he released the rom. I'll check if I have it,

Venture

Crazy Climber (w/dual controller holder)

Crystle Castles (Trackball controll)

Tempest

Cloak and Dagger

Sinistar

Hockey

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Allan

Allan...patience! Tempest is coming ;) And Crystal Castles was ported from the 800 but I never tried the Trak Ball (doesn't work?). And yeah, I thought about Raiders too. Let's get Howard stoked up!

Circus. :)

Steve (Classics) ported Clowns and Baloons onto his Multicart. Plays most excellent with a 5200 paddle. :D

Oh? I'd be happy to have more details on this. Sorry, I don't know about Steve (Classics) and his multi-cart yet.

A Circus-ish game would make for good play testing for an adapter I'm building and for a controller I'm developing.

Just figured out that it doesn't work to make an adapter and plug 2600 paddles into the 5200. Well, it does function, but the action is backward: turn left=move right. You'd have to rewire the paddle internally to pick up the other end of the potentiometer to make that work. :( Oh, well. There's no shortage of options. Besides, the lack of a second fire button on the paddle might have been a problem with some games anyway.

Venture

Crazy Climber (w/dual controller holder)

Crystle Castles (Trackball controll)

Tempest

Cloak and Dagger

Sinistar

Hockey

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Allan

Allan...patience! Tempest is coming ;) And Crystal Castles was ported from the 800 but I never tried the Trak Ball (doesn't work?). And yeah, I thought about Raiders too. Let's get Howard stoked up!

I know. I can even smell it now that it's so close. :)

There are two version of CC for the 5200 but neither use the trackball. :( (Please somebody hack one of them.)

I'd be happy if Howard would just either put out a 'Once Upon Atari -- The Cut (Lost) Interviews' or just right a book with more details. But yea a Raiders would be cool but probably impossible because it's a property. Maybe we can settle for a 5200 Yars Revenge.

Allan