IGNORED

Which game is this in the 1982 catalogs?

DamonicFury

This is an old Atari mystery for me... I've been wondering about it since 1982!

In the 1982 Atari catalogs (CO16725-Rev. D and CO16725-Rev. E) the first inside page shows a lot of Atari boxes. One of them is quite small and hard to read, but from what I can see, there's no match in the Atari library for it. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? (You'll may need to look at a copy of the real catalog... it's hard enough to see there, let alone in the scan!)

The circle I drew may be a bit unclear... I'm not talking about Dodge 'Em, but the game box next to it. The title text isn't totally legible, but it seems like it might be something close to "HOT-ROCK"

post-2092-1192126846_thumb.jpg

Edited by sdamon

That sounds like a really likely answer! Thanks, Graywest!

Doing a search on these forums for 'Hot Rox', I see that Tempest mentioned this catalog picture as indeed showing Hot Rox. Very cool! An old, old mystery for me can be laid to rest.

Sadly, it seems they changed the artwork as well as the name ... we may never see a full-size version of what the artwork would have been.