IGNORED

FA CIB GOLD MINE by Spectravideo ATARI 400 / 800 Cart UR10

mabb96

Hi everyone :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330177537503

This used to be an EXTREMELY RARE ITEM !!!

Regards,

mabb96 :cool:

There, I fixed it for you. :)

:) What exactly did you fix ? :ponder:

The statement that it is extremely rare. The fact of the matter is that you probably got this from the same wharehouse were the Motorodeo's and Ikari Warriors were found. If this is the case than the statement of this being an extremely rare item is now past tense. Meaning that there are probably hundreds of these boxes that you have of this "Extremly rare item." See, almost no one at Atariage actually believes that anything that comes from you is extremely rare. It's just another thing that you have found at your gigantic wharehouse.

Hi everyone :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330177537503

This used to be an EXTREMELY RARE ITEM !!!

Regards,

There, I fixed it for you. :)

:) What exactly did you fix ? :ponder:

The statement that it is extremely rare. The fact of the matter is that you probably got this from the same wharehouse were the Motorodeo's and Ikari Warriors were found. If this is the case than the statement of this being an extremely rare item is now past tense. Meaning that there are probably hundreds of these boxes that you have of this "Extremly rare item." See, almost no one at Atariage actually believes that anything that comes from you is extremely rare. It's just another thing that you have found at your gigantic wharehouse.

Well, don't anyone here say homerwannabee didn't warn you :D

You may beleive anything I list automatically becomes PAST TENSE and you may go on in PASSIVE VOICE; or you can act in PRESENT TENSE and use ACTIVE VOICE.

I never though I was so misregarded in this elit forum of true collectors ;)

I guess there will be a new RARITY GUIDE from now on; that is to say, anything I list will be an R-1 , R-2 , or like in this specific case, an R-10 :)

If you need ATARIAGE's new , updated MINUS (-) Rarity Guide, just drop me a note :D

For now, just know that according to homerwannabee ( and all those who he says don't beleive me anymore ) , GOLD MINE is now RATED : R -10 :ponder:

Wow, 50 bux starting price for a guaranteed not to work cart!

Who guaranteed it doesn't work ?

I never stated " guaranteed not to work " in my auction page.

I just pointed out that in my system it does not start.

If you talk to really knowledgable collectors, you should know some carts, cassettes, and or disks do not run on some systems, while they do work in others.

Anyways, and just for your information, this item is so rare that just having the box, User's manual, or even a non-working cart is a priviledge.

Who knows, there might be somebody out there who has a working cart, and getting the box, manual, and all original inserts for 50 bux is just great, don't you think ;)

If you talk to really knowledgable collectors, you should know some carts, cassettes, and or disks do not run on some systems, while they do work in others.

Anyways, and just for your information, this item is so rare that just having the box, User's manual, or even a non-working cart is a priviledge.

Who knows, there might be somebody out there who has a working cart, and getting the box, manual, and all original inserts for 50 bux is just great, don't you think ;)

Fair point, maybe I was a bit strong, but Gold Mine is not listed anywhere as 400/800 only. If it doesn't work on an XL, it is a bit of a gamble if it will work on any other a8 is it not?

As a collector of games, a rare box does not interest me very much.

Good luck with the auction, I'm sure you don't need it though.

mabb96 is a very reliable seller, and has made quite a few rare games available.

IMO he should be thanked for this, rather than vilified for trying to get a decent price for what he has. He has discovered some very nice items, and deserves to be rewarded for having done so. If he has found a warehouse full of rare Atari stuff, then woo-hoo!

For me, a game is rare if I don't have it, and very rare if I don't know of anyone who has it. It's valuable if I want it. That's about it.

No-one suffers from such discoveries, other than those wanting to protect what was, in any event, an entirely speculative investment. Those who discover caches of rare items, and then attempt to obtain a fair price for them, are doing nothing wrong.

In any case, even if the cartridge does not work, the box is very attractive, and there are still very few known examples of this game.

Personally, I hope that mabb96 unearths more A8 treasures very soon!

mabb96 is a very reliable seller, and has made quite a few rare games available.

IMO he should be thanked for this, rather than vilified for trying to get a decent price for what he has. He has discovered some very nice items, and deserves to be rewarded for having done so. If he has found a warehouse full of rare Atari stuff, then woo-hoo!

For me, a game is rare if I don't have it, and very rare if I don't know of anyone who has it. It's valuable if I want it. That's about it.

No-one suffers from such discoveries, other than those wanting to protect what was, in any event, an entirely speculative investment. Those who discover caches of rare items, and then attempt to obtain a fair price for them, are doing nothing wrong.

In any case, even if the cartridge does not work, the box is very attractive, and there are still very few known examples of this game.

Read my post very closely again. I did not vilify him. All I said was that the item in question is probably not extremely rare. I am not trying to protect the person who bought this already. How could I. What's done is done. All I am trying to protect is the potential buyer. It is just a little buyer beware caution to anyone who does not know Mabb96. Yes Mabb does come through. Just don't expect something to be as rare as he states it is.

All I said was that the item in question is probably not extremely rare.
Just don't expect something to be as rare as he states it is.

It appears you don't have any experience with Atari 8-bit stuff... Up until recently, there was no clear evidence that this cartridge was officially released. Actually, apart for something like one or two auctions in the past ten years, you couldn't find the game anywhere at all.

All credit to mabb96 for unearthing a bunch of these games. I honestly don't care how many Gold Mine cartridges he still has and maybe we'll drop the rarity to a "9" in our database if he keeps selling them but fact is 2007 is the first year ever you can buy this game boxed in such a great condition. IMO, the rarity of "10" is justified.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Edited by www.atarimania.com

It appears you don't have any experience with Atari 8-bit stuff... Up until recently, there was no clear evidence that this cartridge was officially released. Actually, apart for something like one or two auctions in the past ten years, you couldn't find the game anywhere at all.

All credit to mabb96 for unearthing a bunch of these games. I honestly don't care how many Gold Mine cartridges he still has and maybe we'll drop the rarity to a "9" in our database if he keeps selling them but fact is 2007 is the first year ever you can buy this game boxed in such a great condition. IMO, the rarity of "10" is justified.

--

Atari Frog

Well see 2 years from now if you are correct.

Just because one seller has 10 copies of a game doesn't make it deserve a drop in rarity or make it a common. Nor does MABB deserve even the slightest mocking or indignant tone outta you!

Let's leave it at extremely rare until proven otherwise.

So is Rescue Terra I extremely rare? Funny how hard it is to get a copy, when about 7 or 8 years ago someone unearthed a few dozen nib copies of the game and they were basically distributed throughout the collecting community. You could get a copy for under $100. Now it's back to extremely rare and nib copies are back to fetching over $300.

Let's not get overly obsessed with current market conditions. Even if MABB sells 5 of these in the next week, chances are there won't be any available outside of recirculation for years. For those of us in the hobby for a long time, this type of availability is something to be cherished, and is usually temporary.

Sure there have been many dozen copies of Moto and Ikari found lately, but that doesn't mean that every title MABB lists he has cases upon cases of. I have quickly drained him of some items he has (I bought many of his TG16 games), and clearly this is not a bottomless pit that is his source.

Just because one seller has 10 copies of a game doesn't make it deserve a drop in rarity or make it a common. Nor does MABB deserve even the slightest mocking or indignant tone outta you!

Let's leave it at extremely rare until proven otherwise.

So is Rescue Terra I extremely rare? Funny how hard it is to get a copy, when about 7 or 8 years ago someone unearthed a few dozen nib copies of the game and they were basically distributed throughout the collecting community. You could get a copy for under $100. Now it's back to extremely rare and nib copies are back to fetching over $300.

Let's not get overly obsessed with current market conditions. Even if MABB sells 5 of these in the next week, chances are there won't be any available outside of recirculation for years. For those of us in the hobby for a long time, this type of availability is something to be cherished, and is usually temporary.

Sure there have been many dozen copies of Moto and Ikari found lately, but that doesn't mean that every title MABB lists he has cases upon cases of. I have quickly drained him of some items he has (I bought many of his TG16 games), and clearly this is not a bottomless pit that is his source.

Mabb does not have a magic Atari warehouse in Brazil. He's dug through tons and tons of places that are probably so damp and dingy that none of us could stand to be in there longer than a few minutes. It's not like he went to one warehouse and out came all the Atari games.

Now I am sure he has a few of these, but with proper supply and demand, he is going to try and get the most for what he has, but he HAS found a rarity. This, the Compumates, what happened is a lot of these games were not selling well or could not be moved in the US, so what most game sales distributors/companies do is move them to central or South America. Heck, we produced 30,000 Resident Evil Chainsaws for PS2 and most of the ones we could not sell ended up in Brazil because we could not move them in the US. I'm sure this is part of a forgotten mess of games that either did not sell or were just moved out of the country for whatever reason....

Regardless, this is not Ikari Warriors/Motorodeo. Remember when people were trying to sell those for $750 apiece, and people bit on them? At least he's not trying to sell them for that much off the bat or anything without us knowing full well there are others...and ianoid is right, the rarity will probably not be affected much, nad we should be lucky that these are available in the first place.

What kind of Atari computer did you test it on? Some games will only work on the 400 or 800.

Just as stated in my auction page, it was tested on a 800xl system. I truly do not know if some games only work on 400 or 800 systems :ponder:

What I do know is that some games will work fine on some systems, but not in others :roll: In other words, you can have two (2) 800xl systems, and the game will work on one of them, but not on the other.

Fair point, maybe I was a bit strong, but Gold Mine is not listed anywhere as 400/800 only. If it doesn't work on an XL, it is a bit of a gamble if it will work on any other a8 is it not?

As a collector of games, a rare box does not interest me very much.

Good luck with the auction, I'm sure you don't need it though.

Thanks for your well-intended comments, and for wishing me good luck ;)

My friend, you are just amazingly HUMAN and HEARTY :)

The only thing I would have to add to all your comments is :

People are eternally divided into two classes, the believer, builder, and praiser :D :D :D , and the unbeliever, destroyer and critic. :ponder: :P

THANKS for your support and comments ;)

Your friend,

Read my post very closely again. I did not vilify him.

People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.

All I said was that the item in question is probably not extremely rare. I am not trying to protect the person who bought this already. How could I. What's done is done. All I am trying to protect is the potential buyer.

Never give advice unless asked. To advise is easier than to help !

It is just a little buyer beware caution to anyone who does not know Mabb96. Yes Mabb does come through. Just don't expect something to be as rare as he states it is.

Harry S. Truman once said : "If you can't convince them, confuse them. "

--

Atari Frog

THANKS my good friend !!! Your page has been more than helpful in my searching and findings of all these items I have been selling. You are a gentleman and a scholar :)

I would just like to add to your comments the following :

Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame. ( You, me, and everybody else know who we are talking about ;) )

and

Well done is better than well said. ( Again, You, me, and everybody else know who we are talking about ;) )

A CIB Gold Mine sold for $811.37 on Feb. 6 on ebay.

Another CIB Gold Mine was sold to me for $228.41 on June 12 on ebay.

As far as I know, those are the only two previously seen on ebay.

I might be a little bummed if I paid a lot for an item previously thought to be rare and it turned up again en masse, but at least it would make for a good story, about how I thought I was so lucky, and then I found out I had once again blown too much $$$ on ebay. :D

Overall, I'm basically very glad that mabb96 has made available all of these games, even if it turns out they're not quite as rare as believed. Plus, there's no denying he does a great job of packing and has fast service. Thanks, mabb96!

A CIB Gold Mine sold for $811.37 on Feb. 6 on ebay.

Another CIB Gold Mine was sold to me for $228.41 on June 12 on ebay.

As far as I know, those are the only two previously seen on ebay.

I might be a little bummed if I paid a lot for an item previously thought to be rare and it turned up again en masse, but at least it would make for a good story, about how I thought I was so lucky, and then I found out I had once again blown too much $$$ on ebay. :D

Overall, I'm basically very glad that mabb96 has made available all of these games, even if it turns out they're not quite as rare as believed. Plus, there's no denying he does a great job of packing and has fast service. Thanks, mabb96!

See this is why I was outspoken. 2 years ago I myself thought I had a heck of a deal when I spent $200 on Motorodeo and $200 on Ikari Warriors. Two years later and neither one commands more than $40 and they are still pumping them out of Venezuela like there is no tomorrow. At the time these were my freaking holy grails of my collection. But it is a tuff pill to swallow that you just spent $400 on two games and two years later they have lost 80 percent of their value. I really hope that Mabb only has 6 of these at most. But I fear that the early buyers may experience what I went through.

Edit:Also this is to Tempest. I still remember when you were pretty sure there were only 60 Motorodeo's and 60 Ikari Warriors.

Edited by homerwannabee

Edit:Also this is to Tempest. I still remember when you were pretty sure there were only 60 Motorodeo's and 60 Ikari Warriors.

Not sure what this was specifically referencing, but I was talking about how many the person *I* was dealing with had. I didn't know there were many more that other people had.

Tempest