IGNORED

FA CIB GOLD MINE by Spectravideo ATARI 400 / 800 Cart UR10

mabb96

For what it's worth, the Gold Mine I bought in June was not from mabb96.

Homer, I'm sorry you had that experience. I can see where it would be frustrating, although I also understand mabb96's desire to market his stuff as rare. Sometimes Atari collecting and ebay make me want to cry, but usually it's more fun than not.

Homer, I'm sorry you had that experience. I can see where it would be frustrating, although I also understand mabb96's desire to market his stuff as rare. Sometimes Atari collecting and ebay make me want to cry, but usually it's more fun than not.

The problem I have with him is that he will not tell anyone how many he has. When he first came on this board he admitted that he 18 more Motorodeo's and Ikari Warriors. But after 10 minutes he edited his post and erased the fact that he had that many. Fact of the matter is that if I had found a stash of rare video games. You know the first thing I would do is. I would actually tell people how many I actually had. If I had found 50 than so be it I found 50. But deliberately not telling anyone how many you have is the problem I have with mabb. I know that a lot of people defend him and say there is no storage find. But the fact of the matter is that we do not know that. Only Mabb knows that, and for some reason he is not willing to tell us. Until he tells us something, I will presume that he found 584 of them. The same number of games that is found in a crate. Mabb has already admitted that this wearhouse had crates of common games as well. So thats were I stand on that issue.

Edit:Here is one thread were Mabb claims to only have 2 but he screws up and says he has 18 and deletes that and says he has 2.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;hl=motorodeo

Edited by homerwannabee

The problem I have with him is that he will not tell anyone how many he has. When he first came on this board he admitted that he 18 more Motorodeo's and Ikari Warriors. But after 10 minutes he edited his post and erased the fact that he had that many. Fact of the matter is that if I had found a stash of rare video games. You know the first thing I would do is. I would actually tell people how many I actually had. If I had found 50 than so be it I found 50. But deliberately not telling anyone how many you have is the problem I have with mabb. I know that a lot of people defend him and say there is no storage find. But the fact of the matter is that we do not know that. Only Mabb knows that, and for some reason he is not willing to tell us. Until he tells us something, I will presume that he found 584 of them. The same number of games that is found in a crate. Mabb has already admitted that this wearhouse had crates of common games as well. So thats were I stand on that issue.

Edit:Here is one thread were Mabb claims to only have 2 but he screws up and says he has 18 and deletes that and says he has 2.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;hl=motorodeo

Yep and he had\has a hellava lot more than 18 of them, Heck I know a guy down there that had at least 100 of them (Ikari & Motorodeo that is). I see no reason at all to believe Gold Mine or the Compumate are not in these numbers also, just being a little wiser on distrobution this time.

Does your copy of Gold Mine work?

Does your copy of Gold Mine work?

I haven't actually tried it. It looks nice, though. :D With my luck, it wouldn't work, so I'd rather just assume that it does at this point and be happy.

Quite honestly, when I first saw the title for this thread, I did not realize that Gold Mine was actually the name of an A8 game (since I don't collect those) and thought mabb was referring to a metaphorical "gold mine" of carts that he found. ;) I've bought stuff from him directly in the past with no problems and just did so again over eBay. (And yes, I opened the stuff up and played the games - call me crazy!)

You know the first thing I would do is. I would actually tell people how many I actually had. If I had found 50 than so be it I found 50. But deliberately not telling anyone how many you have is the problem I have with mabb. I know that a lot of people defend him and say there is no storage find. But the fact of the matter is that we do not know that. Only Mabb knows that, and for some reason he is not willing to tell us.

But that's what makes you a poor business person! I can tell you that I know many of the better known vendors in this hobby, and I know that many have way more of certain super rare items than they tell you about. Why would they tell everyone their inventory? It would just deflate the value of their stock. It's pretty clear the natural course of these discoveries (prices drop eventually) , and the wiser vendors don't publicize their scores.

And people who sell for profit, not just as part of the hobby, have no obligation to tell you either. Pay what the item is worth now, not what you think it could be worth given certain circumstances- and if you can't afford to pay the price, too bad.

I don't really need to defend MABB, his record speaks for itself. He is a reliable source. I think we should cherish these scores that people like himhave and cherish their knowledge- this whole wherehouse (which as I understand is more like a complete mess of a storage unit) could have been destroyed if someone as savvy as MABB didn't discover it. Many many of these loads of games have been destroyed in the past and will continue to be lost. How many unknown games or sealed copies have been lost? Why chase away such an incredible resource for collectors?

May I also mention that in S. America our dollars go alot further. For all we know the money we pay MABB for awesome game scores may help his family survive much more comfortably than otherwise possible. Heck, perhaps he's a highly paid executive in Argentina, I don't really know. But in any case, I feel far better about supporting him than I do most of the eBay hacks who probably receive disability and SSI checks, hang out at the thrift store all day to take any potential scores and send you your rare boxed game in a bubble mailer to save $2. Or scour eBay for scores, ensuring that there are no good deals for collectors. A good friend of mine from Brazil who sold a ton of stuff here and on eBay, Bonaccorsi, basically bought an apartment and then moved out of the city and bought a house in the country for his family with money earned from being a really astute, realiable and hardworking resource. Why decry these folks when their breed (outside of the 'first world') is so rare and desirable as their games?

It's their prerogative to disclose only what makes them the most money. You have no right to know, and since you clearly are not specifically friends with this guy or other vendors (nor would I recommend their confidence in your knowing their stock volumes as long as this remains your attitude), why would you expect to be told?

Edited by ianoid

You know the first thing I would do is. I would actually tell people how many I actually had. If I had found 50 than so be it I found 50. But deliberately not telling anyone how many you have is the problem I have with mabb. I know that a lot of people defend him and say there is no storage find. But the fact of the matter is that we do not know that. Only Mabb knows that, and for some reason he is not willing to tell us.

But that's what makes you a poor business person! I can tell you that I know many of the better known vendors in this hobby, and I know that many have way more of certain super rare items than they tell you about. Why would they tell everyone their inventory? It would just deflate the value of their stock. It's pretty clear the natural course of these discoveries (prices drop eventually) , and the wiser vendors don't publicize their scores.

And people who sell for profit, not just as part of the hobby, have no obligation to tell you either. Pay what the item is worth now, not what you think it could be worth given certain circumstances- and if you can't afford to pay the price, too bad.

I don't really need to defend MABB, his record speaks for itself. He is a reliable source. I think we should cherish these scores that people like himhave and cherish their knowledge- this whole wherehouse (which as I understand is more like a complete mess of a storage unit) could have been destroyed if someone as savvy as MABB didn't discover it. Many many of these loads of games have been destroyed in the past and will continue to be lost. How many unknown games or sealed copies have been lost? Why chase away such an incredible resource for collectors?

May I also mention that in S. America our dollars go alot further. For all we know the money we pay MABB for awesome game scores may help his family survive much more comfortably than otherwise possible. Heck, perhaps he's a highly paid executive in Argentina, I don't really know. But in any case, I feel far better about supporting him than I do most of the eBay hacks who probably receive disability and SSI checks, hang out at the thrift store all day to take any potential scores and send you your rare boxed game in a bubble mailer to save $2. Or scour eBay for scores, ensuring that there are no good deals for collectors. A good friend of mine from Brazil who sold a ton of stuff here and on eBay, Bonaccorsi, basically bought an apartment and then moved out of the city and bought a house in the country for his family with money earned from being a really astute, realiable and hardworking resource. Why decry these folks when their breed (outside of the 'first world') is so rare and desirable as their games?

It's their prerogative to disclose only what makes them the most money. You have no right to know, and since you clearly are not specifically friends with this guy or other vendors (nor would I recommend their confidence in your knowing their stock volumes as long as this remains your attitude), why would you expect to be told?

First of all, I would like to start by expressing just how much I wish I had the time to reply to everyone's posts within my opened topic, but time, work, and responsibilities keep me away from it.

I took my time to reply to your post, Ianoid, just because I wanted to share a wise conclusion about all this and any destructive criticism or comment herein:

*** IT JUST ISN'T WORTH IT !!! ***

I truly thank you for taking your time to write all you said above; I couldn't have said it better. Nevertheless, I would like to wisely advise you and add the following :

What do some people know about crawling among dirt, dust, bat and cat shit, and debris that would make the worst insect get sick ;

What do some people know about living in a country like the one I proudly praised and was born in, but unhappily and helplessly see how it is being destroyed by a sick dictator and oppressor ;

What do some people know what it is to make a living in a place where one goes out to work everyday, but one doesn't know if one will return !

What do some people know about having a family to look after ;

Finally, What do some people know about something so simple as being thankful and joyful, and just being what everyone of us should be; HUMAN

THANKS to all those who really understand and appreciate all the effort behind every item I list and sell ; and GOD HELP all those who have no idea what life is all about and just love to mingle in everybody else's life , business, and affairs !

First of all, I would like to start by expressing just how much I wish I had the time to reply to everyone's posts within my opened topic, but time, work, and responsibilities keep me away from it.

I took my time to reply to your post, Ianoid, just because I wanted to share a wise conclusion about all this and any destructive criticism or comment herein:

I truly thank you for taking your time to write all you said above; I couldn't have said it better. Nevertheless, I would like to wisely advise you and add the following :

What do some people know about crawling among dirt, dust, bat and cat shit, and debris that would make the worst insect get sick ;

What do some people know about living in a country like the one I proudly praised and was born in, but unhappily and helplessly see how it is being destroyed by a sick dictator and oppressor ;

What do some people know what it is to make a living in a place where one goes out to work everyday, but one doesn't know if one will return !

Finally, What do some people know about something so simple as being thankful and joyful, and just being what everyone of us should be; HUMAN

THANKS to all those who really understand and appreciate all the effort behind every item I list and sell ; and GOD HELP all those who have no idea what life is all about and just love to mingle in everybody else's life , business, and affairs !

No offense but some take things more literally than others. When you post you should enunciate for others so the more literate understand. Some are just trying to find out if there is actually more to come. That's all. :thumbsup:

No offense but some take things more literally than others. When you post you should enunciate for others so the more literate understand. Some are just trying to find out if there is actually more to come. That's all. :thumbsup:

Lets just say you can bet your testies on it and your still gonna have a set when all is said and done. :P:grin:

Mabb,

You have been an asset to this community. I know things haven't been easy for you and others in your country. Hopefully your government won't find out about your good fortune of finding these rare games and take the gains from you. While gas is extremely cheap in your country you have paid for it in many other ways. I couldn't imagine what it must be like to live in a country with a leader like you have. While I am 100% against the war that my president has gotten us into at least I feel like my family is safe in my country.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com