IGNORED

2600 Pepsi Invaders aka Coke Wins on eBay

riffraff

I was so tempted. I just don't have it right now. I gotta get rid of some stuff first. I hope he puts it on again soon. I should be able to possibly bid. Don't know though. Bills eat me up. X-mas is comin. Maybe if he puts it on I'll ask this to be my X-mas Gift...................There's an idea. I too was very surprised it didn't sell. Maybe some just didn't think it was a REAL Cart. Looked real to me. Only one Prom, not your usual two 4k eprom board for your typical repro's. :|

I really think many people with 1k to spend on a single Atari game are getting pickier. While Wonder is waiting for one with a "mint" box many others are just waiting for ones with boxes. I often hear "If I'm gunna spend that kinda money I'll wait till I find a complete copy" for this and other uber rares like Eli's Ladder.

I really think many people with 1k to spend on a single Atari game are getting pickier. While Wonder is waiting for one with a "mint" box many others are just waiting for ones with boxes. I often hear "If I'm gunna spend that kinda money I'll wait till I find a complete copy" for this and other uber rares like Eli's Ladder.

Well said. I think it would be better to have some documentation if you are willing to spend that much on one game. On the other hand there are quite a few impulse buyers that just can't wait. I'm kinda in between. I can wait if I wanted to but usually I don't. I waited on this one until next time. I wonder if he might have some documentation on this cart. If not then a shielded PCB it is. I do believe it is authentic though. The year of the copyright on the board was C 78. That's the 4k board they used. Hard to fake that one.

I think the hard thing for this game is that 6 have actually changed hands this year with 2 being boxed. Remember the most important thing. Supply and Demand. Yes at the start of the year Pepsi Invaders had a lot more demand. But when 6 big time buyers are satisfied it hurts the demand. In a year I would not be surprised if the demand for this game even loose will go back to normal. In a given year this game usually only changes hands once maybe twice. But this year was more of a fluke year than anything.

riffraff:As a friendly aside, MagicCard has not appeared this year. If there is something with excess demand I would suppose it would be this game. :)

Edited by homerwannabee

45 watchers and no players. Featured on Gamesniped too which helped the traffic. I am surprised it didn't get a bid, but like others have said, most of the big collectors have picked this game up at one time or another, or maybe they're saving for some nice boxes. An open offer for $1k stands for the next week or so if anyone wants it. I have 2 people that contacted me about buying it outside of ebay so I'll see what they have in mind.

45 watchers and no players. Featured on Gamesniped too which helped the traffic. I am surprised it didn't get a bid, but like others have said, most of the big collectors have picked this game up at one time or another, or maybe they're saving for some nice boxes. An open offer for $1k stands for the next week or so if anyone wants it. I have 2 people that contacted me about buying it outside of ebay so I'll see what they have in mind.

PM sent.