IGNORED

X-MAN BY GAMEX SEALED IN BOX ON EBAY. !

SAVETHEPAST

Good luck. If you need any other info PM me. I'm new here but I am just finishing my first trade with Blackjack and I have good feedback on Ebay. I had one negative and it was completely my fault. I bid on an item right before I went on vacation and by the time I got back I already had the negative. Stupid mistake on my part, especially for $.99 item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130165992002

Pretty nice condition. Box is a bit warped from the shrinkwrap, which is to be expected after 25 years...I'm sure whoever wins it will open it.

I personally believe that it probably won't be opened. :ponder:

I would open it.......it would clear up the situation. Even if the game is opened, it would be very valuable, especially if it is NTSC. ;)

Why, what OCD sealed collector is going to win it? Wonder would open it, DreamTR would open it...I would open it as well. I hate sealed games.

I like sealed games but, in this case, the mystery needs to be solved.

I think in this situation it is worth more open. NTSC or PAL is a big difference in terms of value. In addition the box is already partially smooshed from being sealed.

Good point there Sean.......besides, if you open it, I bet you would get more money for it on E-Pay!!!!

Why, what OCD sealed collector is going to win it? Wonder would open it, DreamTR would open it...I would open it as well. I hate sealed games.

What, mystery :ponder: I thought that style of box only came in NTSC format. But I could be wrong.

The rarer Atari 2600 games that are sealed can fetch twice as much as those that are boxed. So if you are OK with destroying the value to the game. Go right ahead. Atleast it is not as bad as NES collectors. NES collectors will literally pay over 10 times the value of a boxed game. I recently saw a Zelda sealed game go for $400.

What, mystery :ponder: I thought that style of box only came in NTSC format.

Exactly my thoughts.

NTSC version:

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...amp;NUM_IMAGE=1

PAL version:

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...amp;NUM_IMAGE=1

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

The rarer Atari 2600 games that are sealed can fetch twice as much as those that are boxed.

Huh? I've never seen any evidence of that...in fact quite the opposite is probably true. It is the more common games that may sell for twice as much sealed, not the rarer games. As you go up the rarity scale, people are going to care less about whether or not a game is sealed, because boxed copies are so rare. People just want the game mint in box, and a sealed copy is not going to command significantly higher price than a perfect mint unsealed copy, especially not in a case like this, where the shrinkwrap is already warping the box.

Atleast it is not as bad as NES collectors. NES collectors will literally pay over 10 times the value of a boxed game. I recently saw a Zelda sealed game go for $400.

I feel bad for the person who bought it. Fortunately, sealed 2600 games are significantly harder to find than their NES counterparts, so it's never really become fashionable to collect sealed 2600 stuff. For the most part, those of us collecting Atari don't have to deal with people collecting that nonsense. AFAIK, the only major 2600 collector that is interested in stuff being sealed is CPUWIZ, and that's because he wants things mint and he likes them to stay that way (which is why he seals a lot of his things himself) not because he's an OCD collector who needs a factory sealed specimen of every game.

The rarer Atari 2600 games that are sealed can fetch twice as much as those that are boxed.

Huh? I've never seen any evidence of that...in fact quite the opposite is probably true. It is the more common games that may sell for twice as much sealed, not the rarer games. As you go up the rarity scale, people are going to care less about whether or not a game is sealed, because boxed copies are so rare. People just want the game mint in box, and a sealed copy is not going to command significantly higher price than a perfect mint unsealed copy, especially not in a case like this, where the shrinkwrap is already warping the box.

Atleast it is not as bad as NES collectors. NES collectors will literally pay over 10 times the value of a boxed game. I recently saw a Zelda sealed game go for $400.

I feel bad for the person who bought it. Fortunately, sealed 2600 games are significantly harder to find than their NES counterparts, so it's never really become fashionable to collect sealed 2600 stuff. For the most part, those of us collecting Atari don't have to deal with people collecting that nonsense. AFAIK, the only major 2600 collector that is interested in stuff being sealed is CPUWIZ, and that's because he wants things mint and he likes them to stay that way (which is why he seals a lot of his things himself) not because he's an OCD collector who needs a factory sealed specimen of every game.

Ok, you just contradicted yourself. On one hand you are calling sealed game collectors OCD. Than you mention CPUWIZ and his desire to have it sealed and for some reason your cool with that and totally support it. So, why can't there be collectors out there that think like CPUWIZ :ponder: Who want an absolutely mint game that is sealed. You basically gave evidence on why people collect sealed games. Trust me, there are other collectors out there besides CPUWIZ that "Want things mint and want them to stay that way." By giving good reasons on why CPUWIZ collects sealed games you basically blew your argument out of the water.

Edited by homerwannabee

Ok, you just contradicted yourself. On one hand you are calling sealed game collectors OCD. Than you mention CPUWIZ and his desire to have it sealed and for some reason your cool with that and totally support it...By giving good reasons on why CPUWIZ collects sealed games you basically blew your argument out of the water.

There is no contradiction. CPUWIZ shrinkwraps his own games in many cases to protect them (as do I)...he does not pay high premiums for sealed specimens of games, he pays high premiums for MINT games. Any collector will buy a new, mint, sealed copy of a game if given the chance...but there is no way in hell someone is going to pay twice as much for a sealed copy. No way.

You said this:

The rarer Atari 2600 games that are sealed can fetch twice as much as those that are boxed. So if you are OK with destroying the value to the game. Go right ahead.

That's just not correct. There is little to no premium paid for a factory seal on a rare 2600 game over a mint boxed copy...which is why J.C. had a FACTORY SEALED Glib (which sells for $400 MIB) on Atari2600.com for $500 for ages and it didn't sell. He lowered the price to $390 a few weeks back (and sent out a $20 discount coupon in last month's newsletter), so someone likely bought it for $370. The game was sealed, but it was not mint, which is why no one bit at the higher price. The condition of the game was the determining factor in the game's sell price, not whether or not it was sealed. This X-Man will sell for a high price because it is mint, not because it is sealed, and opening it will not affect it's value significantly.

Ok, you just contradicted yourself. On one hand you are calling sealed game collectors OCD. Than you mention CPUWIZ and his desire to have it sealed and for some reason your cool with that and totally support it...By giving good reasons on why CPUWIZ collects sealed games you basically blew your argument out of the water.

There is no contradiction. CPUWIZ shrinkwraps his own games in many cases to protect them (as do I)...he does not pay high premiums for sealed specimens of games, he pays high premiums for MINT games. Any collector will buy a new, mint, sealed copy of a game if given the chance...but there is no way in hell someone is going to pay twice as much for a sealed copy. No way.

You said this:

The rarer Atari 2600 games that are sealed can fetch twice as much as those that are boxed. So if you are OK with destroying the value to the game. Go right ahead.

That's just not correct. There is little to no premium paid for a factory seal on a rare 2600 game over a mint boxed copy...which is why J.C. had a FACTORY SEALED Glib (which sells for $400 MIB) on Atari2600.com for $500 for ages and it didn't sell. He lowered the price to $390 a few weeks back (and sent out a $20 discount coupon in last month's newsletter), so someone likely bought it for $370. The game was sealed, but it was not mint, which is why no one bit at the higher price. The condition of the game was the determining factor in the game's sell price, not whether or not it was sealed. This X-Man will sell for a high price because it is mint, not because it is sealed, and opening it will not affect it's value significantly.

The rarer ones where a stock has not been found. I am pretty sure he had more than one Sealed Glib. In fact most of the rarer games that are sealed are usually ones that have had a stash found. They being Motorodeo, Ikari Warriors, and to a lesser extant Berenstein Bears. The fact is that not many many super rare games show up sealed. Now Crazy Climber and Quadrun that are being sold right now probably will not command a premium because of condition. And yes condition does matter. But the fact it being sealed matters as well. Also one more thing. So let me get this straight. You open factory sealed games, but you also seal games as well to protect them. :ponder:

Edit: Also if you don't think it being sealed matters. Check out the heavy sixer that is sealed on Ebay right now. It is going for over $700. How much do you think it would go for if it was just boxed?

Edited by homerwannabee

You said this:

The rarer ones where a stock has not been found. I am pretty sure he had more than one Sealed Glib. In fact most of the rarer games that are sealed are usually ones that have had a stash found. They being Motorodeo, Ikari Warriors, and to a lesser extant Berenstein Bears. The fact is that not many many super rare games show up sealed. Now Crazy Climber and Quadrun that are being sold right now probably will not command a premium because of condition. And yes condition does matter. But the fact it being sealed matters as well. Also one more thing. So let me get this straight. You open factory sealed games, but you also seal games as well to protect them. :ponder:

Edit: Also if you don't think it being sealed matters. Check out the heavy sixer that is sealed on Ebay right now. It is going for over $700. How much do you think it would go for if it was just boxed?

homer: hardware and software are completely different. You aren't comparing the right things. While I will agree most sealed games go for a premium, the 2600 ones don't usually command as much as you would think because the demand is not there. Now if this was Colecovision, oh boy.....

I think in the future people are going to care more whether Atari 2600 games are sealed or not. Like homerwannabee said, sealed NES & SNES games can sell for several times what a mint unsealed copy sells for. I used to open everything I had including 2600 Berenstein Bears, Intellivision Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling, etc. but now I wish I hadn't. All of my games might at well be sealed anyway, I never have time to play them.

y-bot

I think in the future people are going to care more whether Atari 2600 games are sealed or not. Like homerwannabee said, sealed NES & SNES games can sell for several times what a mint unsealed copy sells for. I used to open everything I had including 2600 Berenstein Bears, Intellivision Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling, etc. but now I wish I hadn't. All of my games might at well be sealed anyway, I never have time to play them.

y-bot

I normally sell my sealed games and trade them for opened ones. I honestly don't see the point of sealed stuff, but that's just me.

This reserve on this X-Man is pretty high. I bid $750, and it's not even met, so keep this in mind when bidding.

y-bot

I normally sell my sealed games and trade them for opened ones. I honestly don't see the point of sealed stuff, but that's just me.

This reserve on this X-Man is pretty high. I bid $750, and it's not even met, so keep this in mind when bidding.

I will completely remove the reserve. I was just worried that there wouldn't be much interest with Pepsi Invaders, Crazy Climber and Quadrun all on Ebay at the same time.

y-bot

I will completely remove the reserve. I was just worried that there wouldn't be much interest with Pepsi Invaders, Crazy Climber and Quadrun all on Ebay at the same time.

Shame that is looks like the Quadrun and Crazy Climber came out of the ET landfill

I do actually care about sealed games, I often replace stuff I have sealed myself, with factory sealed copies. But I don't go out of my way to pay $$$, especially for crap like X-Man, to get a sealed copy. I think it's way way overpriced as well, I paid about $160.00 for my CIB copy, but that was many years ago.