IGNORED

Sounds like Pokey to me...

JayoK

This Timbalake Guy is using sources from the Demoscene. He even stole complete tunes.

Some Nelly Furtado tunes already used those.

It's Timbaland rather than Timbalake, real name Tim Mosley; he used a straight sample of the C64 conversion of Acid Jazzed Evening (done by a groupmate of mine with permission from Tempest) for Nelly Furtado's "Do It" and before that the Amiga original of the same piece with a new drum loop as an "exclusive ringtone". There was a YouTube video that featured part of a documentary on Timbaland and there, in a shot of the man himself in his studio, was a SIDStation perched on top of some other equipment.

Well.... the tune needs some sawtooth ... ;-)

So, here a stealing of the "acid jazzed evening" for some Hardsynth demonstration.

Main problems at the tune is the "old" missing filter correction and that the emulation sounds a bit drunken on the sawtooth. It might sound better on the real thing.

You might recognize that pokey can get very high with the sawtooth without generating "sidenoise"......

Ah, emkay is always on place. :P

Well, i like my version better. But i think there's still lack of one POKEY to add Hardsynth-type bass to what's above to make it sound more like the original one.

And there's still lack of Nelly's voice - will you emkay? ;)

Ah, emkay is always on place. :P

Well, i like my version better. But i think there's still lack of one POKEY to add Hardsynth-type bass to what's above to make it sound more like the original one.

And there's still lack of Nelly's voice - will you emkay? ;)

Really, my Hardsynth "demos" are not intended for some compendium/challenge. I only hope to reach the "last" atari8 related people to help making good music on the A8 with sounds that fit to the tune.

To make it clear: The sawtooth s only possible since BRK created a better notation for it. We'd need a tool to play areound with all pokey features to "reach the goal".

I f you like, I'll give the tune a try, to use the bass and the main voice on one pokey and trying to tune it to "your" two other channels on the 2nd pokey. But, I'd need your RMT file.

It's amiga-type-module imported into Raster Music Tracker and then reworked a bit to play in stereo and using sid-like sounds. Just a few minutes of play/work/whatewah! ;)

Hi Miker,

Thanks for the link.

I'll download the app and start playing with it (I'm on Macintosh but my Macbook can run Windows via Boot Camp so that should work out).

Let's hope the learning curve is easy !

Thanks again,

PA.

Ok, here it goes (still unoptimized, there's still a bunch of repetitive instruments but who cares).

The main problem is that you're using two pokeys for the "main" voice. This makes it impossible to use 4 "hardsynth" voices.

So it did a try to "optimize" my version a bit.

-Some volume correction

-Some pitch/filter changes on the main voice plus some portamento and vibrato fx.

-Some correction" with the bass sound.

BTW: To create this tune with one pokey, the SAW can be used plus the "arpeggio" by hardware channels.

Only the bass has to be created by some "softsynth" with a rather low updating per second.

Edited by emkay