IGNORED

Looking for Name of an Atari Game

peteym5

Hey I remember playing a space strategy game on the Atari computer, but cannot remember the title of it. You had two opposing sides and had to build and launch spaceships at each other. You had 4 asteroids with power stations on it on each side of the screen. If your ship makes contact with an enemy power station, it diverts energy to your side and you can build ships faster. It looks somewhat like the picture I made. I have been going through different games on my emulator, but cannot seem to track it down.

post-14332-1193166572_thumb.jpg

I guess my first question would be... are you sure it is an 8 bit game? From your drawing it kinda looks like a screen shot from Asterix... but I really don't know.

Edit: Or maybe Astro War

Edited by JellE

Hey I remember playing a space strategy game on the Atari computer, but cannot remember the title of it. You had two opposing sides and had to build and launch spaceships at each other. You had 4 asteroids with power stations on it on each side of the screen. If your ship makes contact with an enemy power station, it diverts energy to your side and you can build ships faster. It looks somewhat like the picture I made. I have been going through different games on my emulator, but cannot seem to track it down.

Perhaps Cosmic Balance or Cosmic Balance II?

I think that is it, thankyou very much. I was looking for games that start with Space, Star, Cosmic, Galactic, Astro, with hundreds of games, it takes forever find something.

You're welcome. For anyone who hasn't played it, it's a game by Dan Bunten (and perhaps Bill too... can't remember) of Ozark Softscape/MULE fame. You and your opponent build a fleet and then duke it out to the death. It's a simple game but it's really a blast.

-Bry