IGNORED

How can I make my 800XL as bright as my 130XE?

Sincity

I have done the 130XE video mod as well as Bryan's 800XL video mod. My 130XE is much brighter than the XL. Is there anything else I can do?

I got sick of the problematic video output on my 800XL, and I actually built a "clone" of the 130XE's video output circuit on a perfboard, removed all the video output components from the 800XL motherboard, and wired the new circuit in between the GTIA andthe monitor jack. I also built a small shield to go around it all, to eliminate interference. I know this is a little extreme, but it Fixed all the problems..

I have done the 130XE video mod as well as Bryan's 800XL video mod. My 130XE is much brighter than the XL. Is there anything else I can do?

I got sick of the problematic video output on my 800XL, and I actually built a "clone" of the 130XE's video output circuit on a perfboard, removed all the video output components from the 800XL motherboard, and wired the new circuit in between the GTIA andthe monitor jack. I also built a small shield to go around it all, to eliminate interference. I know this is a little extreme, but it Fixed all the problems..

Strange stories ....

Perhaps this is a difference between PAL and NTSC... but I have ALWAYS loved the screen quality of my 800XL far above the crappy output of the XE. I really hate the vertical lines on my XE screen. On my 800XL I have a wonderfull all-blue start screen. No lines at all. And the text is not blurred (like on my 600XL).

Marius