IGNORED

who bogarted the NTSC Mangia?

Zwackery

This is when it pays to place an opening bid or 2 to keep the seller from ending it early.

It was at $36 when shut down. Gotta love the cutthroats. I have my guess who it was. :roll: But that'll stay private. But you could easily guess. ;)

Edited by Phantom

This is when it pays to place an opening bid or 2 to keep the seller from ending it early.

It doesn't make a difference. Deals will still be made. Neatos has been around for a very long time. He knows the value of his items. If someone offered him what he wanted for this item I can't blame him for selling.

What are the origins of the word "Bogart"? I'm guessing it means someone who got a side-deal?

"don't bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me..."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bogart

Yes i remember the word Bogart back in my dope smoking days(mid eighties),when i was hogging the joint ,my co-smokers would say"Hey piggy stop bogarting the joint".

There were actually three bids on it when it was closed down.

Yeah, nothing stops a seller from ending an auction if they want to...they just cancel all bids.

don't bogart that joint

That 'classic' quote was featured in the film "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls".

From WordOrigins.org:

The term is first attested to in the song Don’t Bogart Me, by Elliot Ingber and Larry Wagner, which appears on Fraternity Of Man’s eponymous album, released 24 June 1968 by ABC Records:

Don’t bogart that joint, my friend Pass it over to me.

The song was featured the next year in the movie Easy Rider and is on that movie’s soundtrack. (The song was later covered by the band Little Feat under the title Don’t Bogart That Joint.)