IGNORED

Just bought my first Atari 8-bit games...

Scumdogg

I found these bundled in bags of two at a thrift store, for $3.99 a bag. That felt expensive for some reason, but thinking about it as $2 a game wasn't so bad. And i couldn't resist them, all looking like super-deformed 2600 carts. So, i don't have the system, but i got these loose carts for $16 total. How'd i do? Worth starting a collection around?

Dig Dug

Popeye

Pengo

Movie Musical Madness

Kaboom!

Peanut Butter Panic

Time Bound

James Bond 007

Most are in great condition, but the front label is ripped on Kaboom, like someone pulled a price tag off of it too hard. A shame, because it's an awesome label.

Not bad at all. I'd be going back tomorrow, :) Weird, none of my 800 carts had labels. Only text.

Nathan

This was my "tomorrow" trip. :) I first saw them yesterday, thought about getting them, and didn't. Today i realized i should probably go back for them. I was hoping after a day a system might have worked its way out of the back, but no such luck.

To be fair, without a system to test them on i guess James Bond, Popeye, and Kaboom could all be Commodore 64 games. I wouldn't know the difference, my knowledge comes to an absolute halt once the line crosses from consoles to computers. But the rest of them all say "For Atari Home Computers" somewhere on the label, so i just assumed that's what they all are.

post a pic of them, you could get them id'd real quicklike. The connectors are different. Er, do they have any more?

Comparing the connectors to the ones that are specifically labeled for Atari, they look like they're definitely all for the same system.

They don't have any more as far as i could tell. These weren't with the rest of the video games, they were bundled and bagged, hanging on pegs mixed in with AC adapters and other small electronics. I checked every bag in the whole aisle, then took a look around the rest of the store as well. I'd imagine though that if they hide the next ones as well as they hid these, they'll be there whenever i stop by again. I'll definitely pick up whatever else i see at this price, sounds like i got a better deal than i thought.

Incidentally, since i'll probably be waiting to find a system in real life somewhere (ebay shipping on consoles tends to be more than i want to pay for the console itself...), anything i need to be on the lookout for? Anything tend to go wrong with them, or is there anything i need beyond the main unit and joysticks to play the cart-based games?