IGNORED

Source for Assembler Editor

yorgle

Anyone know of a source (besides ebay) for an Atari Assembler Editor cart? I know that Best Electronics has them but they have a minimum $50 order for paypal but I just want the cart and I've already bought a bunch of other Atari stuff (e.g., another 1200xl) so my budget is growing short. :(

You could easily enough make a binary load version for a 48K or higher machine.

I have a disk image somewhere with one.

Or, burn one to EPROM and use an existing game cart.

Or, best option - just get a Mac 65.

I found the mac65 code somewhere but it downloaded as a .rom file. For some reason, it won't load into APE so I used makeATR to convert it to an .atr file. I then transferred it to my sio2sd but I get a BOOT ERROR when I try to load it. The same thing happens when I try to load Assembly Editor as an .atr- that's why I gave up and just want to find a cart.

There's 2 versions of MAC-65. A banked cart (which also has DDT built in) and the original binary file which was loaded into RAM on real machines.

You can't use .ROM files with APE.

Atari_ASM.zip

There's a Zip with my Atari Assembler Editor as a binary file.

ASM is the cart image which you should load from DOS as a binary load - on an XL and you can switch between BASIC and the Assembler by SHIFT-RESET, although you lose any source code by switching.

Note that it uses a routine just under screen memory to allow the switching and to initialize.

If you open a GRAPHICS screen which uses more RAM than GR.0, it will overwrite it.

POKE 9,1 if you do this.

You can load ASM2 (also a binary file) which will re-initialize without having to load the entire thing again.

I have the Disk based MAC-65, but it seems that I haven't got it on the PC, only 5.25 floppy. But, it should be downloadable somewhere.

Edited by Rybags

There's 2 versions of MAC-65. A banked cart (which also has DDT built in) and the original binary file which was loaded into RAM on real machines.

You can't use .ROM files with APE.

Atari_ASM.zip

There's a Zip with my Atari Assembler Editor as a binary file.

ASM is the cart image which you should load from DOS as a binary load - on an XL and you can switch between BASIC and the Assembler by SHIFT-RESET, although you lose any source code by switching.

Note that it uses a routine just under screen memory to allow the switching and to initialize.

If you open a GRAPHICS screen which uses more RAM than GR.0, it will overwrite it.

POKE 9,1 if you do this.

You can load ASM2 (also a binary file) which will re-initialize without having to load the entire thing again.

I have the Disk based MAC-65, but it seems that I haven't got it on the PC, only 5.25 floppy. But, it should be downloadable somewhere.

Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight. But if anyone has an Assembler Editor cart they'd like to part with, I'd still be interested in purchase/trade.

Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight. But if anyone has an Assembler Editor cart they'd like to part with, I'd still be interested in purchase/trade.

You could also buy a Turbofreezer from www.abbuc.de :cool:

This piece of hardware can emulate the Mac65 / Bug65 cartridge, or any Atari-cartridge.

Contense is stored in a Flash-Rom. (29F040, flashable from the Atari)

It can handle 60 x 8K or 30 x 16K.