IGNORED

Starcon Joystick on E Bay

ymike673

WOW! Is that what they go for these days or is this just wishful thinking? I got mine direct from the guy who made them about 3 years ago. It's a neat little stick, but I like the regular old 5200 controllers better (yes I'm weird like that).

Tempest

Up for auction on E Bay today is one of the super rare Starcon 5200 Joysticks. Opening bid is $499.

Um, that's not an auction, that's a Buy It Now price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130169691641

That was suppose to be a Best offer deal, I missed that in the original listing.

WOW! Is that what they go for these days or is this just wishful thinking? I got mine direct from the guy who made them about 3 years ago. It's a neat little stick, but I like the regular old 5200 controllers better (yes I'm weird like that).

Tempest

I think Buyatari bought Mcgrails for something like $400 just a couple years ago. I don't think they come up for auction that often, so it's a hard item to price.

These are all my auctions by the way:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZatari*

I plan on listing 40+ CIB SEARS titles and some rarer Atari Corp releases tomorrow night. Mostly all CIB stuff.

Edited by video game addict

Someone needs to reverse engineer that bad boy. I'm looking at the circuit inside the box and it seems incredibly simple; much more so than the one listed on Lab Rat's site. I'm seeing six resistors and two other parts (transistors or capacitors, possibly), which would be extremely affordable and embarrassingly easy to build.

Someone needs to reverse engineer that bad boy. I'm looking at the circuit inside the box and it seems incredibly simple; much more so than the one listed on Lab Rat's site. I'm seeing six resistors and two other parts (transistors or capacitors, possibly), which would be extremely affordable and embarrassingly easy to build.

I think the circuit was posted in the 5200 forum several years ago.

Mitch

5200_starcon_joystick.zip

There was the option to cannibalize an original 5200 stick and use it's cable instead of the ribbon cable, but I opted for the ribbon cable as I wanted to keep it as close to original as possible.

Then there's also these:

post-43-1194047289_thumb.jpg

They're PC cables but work well as 5200 joystick extensions and could be used for something like that. There were a couple users here who had these for sale I think, but they were only like $2 each when I bought originally from a closeout website.

I was the person who came across the original creator of these on eBay a few years ago, he was selling out leftover shells he still had. I opened a dialog and paved the way for him to sell what he had left of these (about 15 or 20 maybe) to collectors here, they were sold at $75 each, $100 if you wanted him to build the digital-to-analog circuit for you too.

This one pictured below is mine with a real 5200 controller cable installed. :D :cool:

post-41-1194048288_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrRetroGamer