IGNORED

Rescue terra I

Atarian7

That's pretty much what I mean. About as exciting as, say Air Raid. There's at least a dozen other games that generate as much excitement gameplay-wise that cost a few bucks.

When you compare it to the cheap games than yeah. But when you compare this game to other rarity 9 games it actually comes out looking pretty good.

Spider Maze is pretty good too I think.

Well I got 'em both! :D I've dealt with this seller in the past and have had really good experiences. I didn't have either of these games so I'm looking forward to getting them.

The water damage to the RT1 box probably isn't too bad...and even if it is, the box will look great on your shelf next to the smashed Quadrun. Wounded warriors! :P

just ask him to use a real box to ship them to you, not a folded up beer flat, and you'll be okay

AFAIK moose fur makes excellent padding :P

with that Quadrun, I'd be tempted to carefully disassemble the box as much as possible and slowly flatten it out...I seem to recall some posting somewhere on the internet (just tried google and couldn't find it) where someone described a method for ironing cardboard video game boxes (I suspect a slow, methodical, section by section pressing would have less of a fire hazard)

Edited by Zwackery

just ask him to use a real box to ship them to you, not a folded up beer flat, and you'll be okay

with that Quadrun, I'd be tempted to carefully disassemble the box as much as possible and slowly flatten it out...I seem to recall some posting somewhere on the internet (just tried google and couldn't find it) where someone described a method for ironing cardboard video game boxes (I suspect a slow, methodical, section by section pressing would have less of a fire hazard)

Would ironing a box be considered restoration or not. :ponder: I know that at the moment there is no problem with restoring game boxes, but in the future as condition becomes more and more of an issue restoration might become one as well.

The water damage to the RT1 box probably isn't too bad...and even if it is, the box will look great on your shelf next to the smashed Quadrun. Wounded warriors! :P

I am hoping it is not too bad either.

As for the Quadrun, I am trying to restore the box somewhat. I've placed cardboard inserts on the inside (perfectly fitted) to un-bend it a bit. Its working a little, but of course the box was bad off to begin with. If I remember, I'll post some "after" pics in a few months.

Not too sure about the whole ironing thing. :ponder:

Maybe I'll test it out on a smooshed Space Invaders or Combat box before going at it on a Quadrun. ;)

Not too sure about the whole ironing thing. :ponder:

Maybe I'll test it out on a smooshed Space Invaders or Combat box before going at it on a Quadrun. ;)

Once the box is crushed and has actual structural damage like that, I doubt ironing it will do anything...I think you have the right idea with the inserts.

• 4 months later...
Below are some pics of my smooshed Quadrun being fixed up. I've had the inserts in there for several months now. When I take them out it still holds its shape. :)

post-10944-1205816828_thumb.jpgpost-10944-1205816790_thumb.jpg

post-10944-1205816811_thumb.jpgpost-10944-1205816799_thumb.jpg

Also, the CIB Rescue on Terra I was not in too bad shape when I got it either. I'm happy with it. Should've taken pics of it too. :ponder:

Hey, not bad at all :thumbsup: It may not be up to Wonder007's standards, but an awesome deal in the end!

What I have done in the past is get a couple cardboard box's and put one on either side, and then lay it on a hard surface (like a floor), and put a bunch of weight on it (80-90 lbs. I do around 120 lbs.). Leave it for a few months, and it should look a good bit better. I have done this and left it for 6 months at a time, and it makes the box's look better.

You can also put it into a big book and then put the weight on it. Good luck with them,

Tony

Here are the photos of my CIB Rescue Terra I. I think the photos make it look worse than it really is. All the smudges seem to really stand out in them.

post-10944-1205899017_thumb.jpgpost-10944-1205899027_thumb.jpg

post-10944-1205899005_thumb.jpgpost-10944-1205899043_thumb.jpg

But its legible and it works. :D

Very nice. Considering the water damage. Really doesn't look that bad at all. Can't complain if it works and you paid a great price. :cool:

Would ironing a box be considered restoration or not. :ponder: I know that at the moment there is no problem with restoring game boxes, but in the future as condition becomes more and more of an issue restoration might become one as well.

I read a post on the comic forums where someone had an issue of Xmen #1 so mint they wanted to preseve it. So he layered the entire front and back in tape !

DOH !!!