IGNORED

Need Help Fast!

opeygon

i just got a 5200 in the mail and guess what? It doesn't work!!! It is in mint condition, almost new, so I'm stumped as to wht it won't work. I am wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Here are the details (it's really quite simple):

It is a four port 5200 with the combined power adapter/gamebox.

WhenI hook everything up and turn the power on, nothing happens, and I get no red LED light at the power switch.

Thats pretty much it. As far as I can tell I have it hooked up right. I plugged the adapter into my tv's coaxial input. I plugged my cable wire into the switchbox. I plugged the atari cable into the gamebox, along with the power chord, which is plugged into an outlet. I am set to the proper channel on the tv and the console.

Am I missing something? I would appreciate any help. If I cant figure this out tonight, I'm gonna ask for my money back :(

thanks for the reply Mitch. i just sent the guy an email requesting my money back. i spent quite a bit on this because it was "new, mint in the box" and dont want to spend anymore money trouble shooting for a problem that i may or may not be able to fix myself.

it gets better as well, there was only one controller in the box. instead of the second one, someone crammed a combo paddle/joystick for a columbia home arcade in the box. i could have overlooked this because the console is in tip top shape (save for the fact that it wont work) and the box was pretty tight too.

oh well, live and learn. i dont expect any problems getting a refund. i bought it from spacecat, and they seem to have a good rep