IGNORED

eBay reserve?

yuppicide

Thanks. I only ask because I had said my item was cheaper than all the other items currently for sale, which it is. The items are selling for $154.99 and up new. I set a $1 start and $150 reserve on my 5 items. This guy asked my reserve, asked if I can get more, etc. I told him if he wants to bid $154 on all 5 I'll end the auction with him winning and throw in free USPS Priority, Insurance, and Delivery Confirmation. Guess I'll see what he says.

If you're going to say what your reserve is, what's the point? You'd save fees by just starting the listing at your minimum price.

Uh, wha? If it sells, you get the reserve fee refunded. Many sellers disclose the reserve to offset the dislike of them that is brought on by the uncertainty.

It's always a gamble to list something with a low start and no reserve, but if it's an in-demand item, you're almost sure to get more than if you used a reserve. Big if, though...