IGNORED

Intellivision Diner (CIB)

dougy76

Wow 143 bucks did go out of my range

Every copy of Diner that has popped up recently has gone for crazy prices.

Auction says ships to US but a person in Italy won

With the slipping dollar, Europeans are bidding on (and winning) a lot of stuff.

OK, what on earth happened? I thought this was still a $60 game :-o :-o :-o

• 3 weeks later...

All,

Does anyone know how long it takes to mail something international to Europe this time of year? (particularly to Italy in this case) I sent the Diner game 2-1/2 weeks ago, but it apparently hasn't arrived yet. I'm starting to get a little nervous about it.

If it turns out to be "lost", what usually happens then? I've only sold about 10-15 things on Ebay and I've never had a situation where the item got lost.

Thanks for the help!

Doug

All,

Does anyone know how long it takes to mail something international to Europe this time of year? (particularly to Italy in this case) I sent the Diner game 2-1/2 weeks ago, but it apparently hasn't arrived yet. I'm starting to get a little nervous about it.

If it turns out to be "lost", what usually happens then? I've only sold about 10-15 things on Ebay and I've never had a situation where the item got lost.

Thanks for the help!

Doug

I've had some Italian customers recently say that their government is holding packages for weeks before delivering them as some kind of anti-terrorism measure. If they paid via Paypal they can file a claim and you will lose the amount that was paid for the game. I hope it works out for you.

y-bot

All,

Thanks for the help!

Doug

How did you send it? I sold two items to that same buyer priority mail. The first one went through with no problems. The second one he said that he had not received. I had sent the item insured mail. He was complaining to me that his item had never arrived. I pulled the numbers off of the customs form and it showed that they had tried to deliver it to him repeatedly over the course of about a week. Eventually he did say that he did get it. I don't really understand why he didn't get it when it showed that they attempted delivery to him for over a week. Maybe in Italy they don't notify people when they have a package that needs to be signed for or a pay customs fees for.

Eventually he did say that he did get it. I don't really understand why he didn't get it when it showed that they attempted delivery to him for over a week. Maybe in Italy they don't notify people when they have a package that needs to be signed for or a pay customs fees for.

I don't know what the problem is, but Italy is notorious for stuff like this. Where I work, we've had five packages to Italy disappear in the past two or three months, with the buyers claiming they never arrived. If we have one more problem...no more shipping to Italy, because this is getting ridiculous.

It usually depends on the courier.

If it is the Postal Service, they usually make three tries, then leave a postcard, and you have to get yourself the package from the post office. After some days (15 IIRC) they start charging you for the 'parking'. Kind of.

However, Italy is a mess right now. As I explained to Dougy in a PM, we've had a huuuuge transport strike this week. You know, the no-milk, no fruit, no fuel kind of strike :-(

Deliveries took a serious hit.

Also, the Custom and the Postal Service do their good job to mess things up.

They even managed to lose a printed photo album from Apple I ordered as Priority parcel. go figure...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the Diner game arrived today at the Italian buyer's residence! What a relief after 45 days of waiting. I really appreciate the guy's patience and also Paolo for helping me communicate with him. But man, 45 days is a long time to wait. I don't know if it will make any difference in the end, but it seems like you have to ship internationally with insurance and tracking to cover your ass. I got lucky choosing the cheap shipping with is still getting there. At the time, it seemed like it just wasn't worth an extra $20 to get tracking and insurance, but perhaps it is.

Doug

Well, the Diner game arrived today at the Italian buyer's residence! What a relief after 45 days of waiting. I really appreciate the guy's patience and also Paolo for helping me communicate with him. But man, 45 days is a long time to wait.

So, what was method of shipping that you used? I just shipped a package via 1st Class International to Milan. I was hoping it would be faster than 45 days.

Edited by Almost Rice

So, what was method of shipping that you used? I just shipped a package via 1st Class International to Milan. I was hoping it would be faster than 45 days.

It was 1st Class. The postal worker talked me out of using Priority as it was $15-20 extra and he said it wasn't going to get there any faster. I think I believe him as someone else on these boards sent something to the same guy *before* I did and it arrived *after* mine did.