IGNORED

Hey Batari, can you renew your domain?

ibogost

Says domain bataribasic.com has expired 11/19/2007.

Anybody have a mirror in the meantime? I have 90 students looking for this stuff...

D'oh! GoDaddy sent me an email telling me that they would simply rebill using the payment method I used last year, which was still active so I didn't think it would be a problem. Well, somehow they screwed it up. I went in and renewed, but as of now it's still pointing to a GoDaddy default page. Hopefully it will be up again soon.

Says domain bataribasic.com has expired 11/19/2007.

Anybody have a mirror in the meantime? I have 90 students looking for this stuff...

D'oh! GoDaddy sent me an email telling me that they would simply rebill using the payment method I used last year, which was still active so I didn't think it would be a problem. Well, somehow they screwed it up. I went in and renewed, but as of now it's still pointing to a GoDaddy default page. Hopefully it will be up again soon.

It's coming up for me now on the domain.

I've let a few domains expire accidentally before--it's nice that you get a grace period. My first clue that something is awry is that the mail for that domain stops working. :) I'm in the process of moving all my domains over to one registrar to make them easier to keep track of. I just moved one last one from Network Solutions as I was tired of paying the ridiculous amount of $35 a year for it and kept procrastinating about moving it. Now I just have one more to move and they'll all be consolidated.

..Al

Yahoo automatically renews mine every year. I never have to worry about it or remember anything. :D

My site is on Yahoo, but I still keep getting mail about switching to other registrars. So they automatically renew your website, so I don't have to worry about this mail I keep getting? Is Yahoo a registrar?

Yahoo automatically renews mine every year. I never have to worry about it or remember anything. :D

My site is on Yahoo, but I still keep getting mail about switching to other registrars. So they automatically renew your website, so I don't have to worry about this mail I keep getting? Is Yahoo a registrar?

I have Yahoo Small Business Web Hosting Standard. If you have a similar plan and they told you that they would renew it every year for free, this is for you:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallbusi...billing-11.html

I received a domain renewal bill or solicitation from another company. Is this legitimate?

This information relates only to the domains that you have registered with Yahoo!, not to domains that you have registered with other companies.

It has been brought to our attention that companies other than Yahoo! may have sent to domain name (web address) owners such as yourself domain-name expiration notices and solicitations that specifically relate to the domain that you have registered with Yahoo! You do not need to respond to notices from other companies about your Yahoo! domain.

If you registered your domain name through Yahoo!, your domain renewal fees are automatically paid by Yahoo! as a part of your recurring monthly or yearly service fees, as long as your service is active and not past due. If you would like to keep your current domain and associated services with Yahoo!, do not respond to renewal solicitations from other companies that specifically relate to the domain you have registered with Yahoo! Please be sure your billing information is up-to-date.

If you renew your Yahoo! domain through any other company, you will be transferring your domain registration away from Yahoo! We also want to remind you that transferring your domain to a registrar other than Yahoo! does not automatically cancel your service or alter your fees.