IGNORED

Playstation and Guitar Hero controllers for C64/Atari

Philsan

Cool.

Even better would be to use PSX controllers on the Atari (for the extra buttons, of course).

Given the reasonably cheap price to build, it could even become a "standard", especially since PSX clone controllers go for next to nothing at $2 shops.

Yes, I would second that too, I prefer to use the original psx controller in Atari800Win+ via a usb convertor. I'd be nice to use the controller on the real thing also.

• 3 months later...
Just saw this posted on Joystiq. Boy, they're a few months behind aren't they?

Not really, the game written to use the Guitar Hero hardware, called Shredz64, was only declared completed last week...

Thats a sweet setup He is working on getting boards made for the interface Love to get one when/if available

and yes just completed :) from his Blog:

Shredz64 - YouTube Video, EGM Interview, Updates

March 10th, 2008 Comments(0)

First off, as you can see, I've moved the Shredz64 project to ToniWestbrook.com, along with my other projects. I'm not quite sure why I didn't use blogging software in the first place, but no matter now. I've tried to make sure everything on the old site is here on the new, along with all the new items (mentioned below). The website for my development business Synthetic Dreams is done as well, and linked at the top (www.synthdreams.com). Special thanks to Leah Shaver for a great job on the website.

From SynthDreams.com, users can download both the NTSC and PAL versions of Shredz64, as well as look for user uploaded songs. The PSX64 interface is available for preorder from the site as well. Schematics and firmware will be up within the next week.

Other big updates - I was fortunate enough to be interviewed by Michael Donahoe from Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) about Shredz64 a while back - the interview is in April's issue (now out). Check it out, page 16. Just a quick interview, but very exciting none-the-less!

Also, want to actually see Shredz64 in action? Check out two YouTube videos I uploaded, one with the Zelda Overworld Theme SID by Sascha Zeidler, and the continuation with "Ex State of Mind" by Michal Hoffmann

Edited by HatNJ