IGNORED

10 Boxed Copies of Adventure II Available

Albert

I have Ten (10) boxed copies of Adventure II for the Atari 5200 for sale. There's only one caveat: these are not perfect boxes, as each of them has one or more minor defects and thus I did not use them for the boxed copies I sold earlier this year. However, they are generally in great shape, except for the defects each box has. They are still new boxes! Most of the defects were caused by one or more small drops of glue that got on the box and stuck to something else (typically another box, as luck would have it).

These copies each include:

- Adventure II game cartridge for the Atari 5200

- Manual

- Parchment envelope containing four postcard-size hedge maps

- Metal skeleton key

- Adventure II magnet

- AtariAge magnet

- Adventure II box

The pictures below show all sides of all 10 boxes so you can see that overall they are in great shape (and again, these are still all new boxes).

a2_1.jpg

a2_2.jpg

a2_3.jpg

a2_4.jpg

a2_5.jpg

This may be your last chance to buy a boxed copy of Adventure II! As you probably know, the boxed edition of the game sold out pretty quickly. If you don't already have a boxed copy, and don't want to pay inflated prices on eBay down the road for one, act quickly before these are gone!

I am selling these copies for $50 each plus $5 shipping in the US/Canada and $10 shipping elsewhere. Payment must be made via PayPal. If you're interested, please send me a PM. These games will be shipped in a sturdy box, not the poor-quality VHS Priority Mail boxes that the USPS uses these days.

I will not sell the boxes by themselves, so please don't ask! If you do ask, my answer will be that they are $50 and include a free copy of the game and everything else inside the box. :) Please also do not try and request a particular box, it's all going to be random..

..Al

I have Ten (10) boxed copies of Adventure II for the Atari 5200 for sale. There's only one caveat: these are not perfect boxes, as each of them has one or more minor defects and thus I did not use them for the boxed copies I sold earlier this year. However, they are generally in great shape, except for the defects each box has. They are still new boxes! Most of the defects were caused by one or more small drops of glue that got on the box and stuck to something else (typically another box, as luck would have it).

These copies each include:

- Adventure II game cartridge for the Atari 5200

- Manual

- Parchment envelope containing four postcard-size hedge maps

- Metal skeleton key

- Adventure II magnet

- AtariAge magnet

- Adventure II box

The pictures below show all sides of all 10 boxes so you can see that overall they are in great shape (and again, these are still all new boxes).

a2_1.jpg

a2_2.jpg

a2_3.jpg

a2_4.jpg

a2_5.jpg

This may be your last chance to buy a boxed copy of Adventure II! As you probably know, the boxed edition of the game sold out pretty quickly. If you don't already have a boxed copy, and don't want to pay inflated prices on eBay down the road for one, act quickly before these are gone!

I am selling these copies for $50 each plus $5 shipping in the US/Canada and $10 shipping elsewhere. Payment must be made via PayPal. If you're interested, please send me a PM. These games will be shipped in a sturdy box, not the poor-quality VHS Priority Mail boxes that the USPS uses these days.

I will not sell the boxes by themselves, so please don't ask! If you do ask, my answer will be that they are $50 and include a free copy of the game and everything else inside the box. :) Please also do not try and request a particular box, it's all going to be random..

..Al

Wish I had some cash. lol..

Have a question. Purchased this game from the store for $40 without the box. If you are just getting this to play and not for resale value why bother paying $10 extra for the box?

While there are people who collect loose games, many (if not more) people collect them boxed and won't have a dirty loose copy in there collection.

After decades of collecting loose atari games, I now have the box bug myself. (CURSE YOU ALL!)

To answer your question, if you just wanted a loose copy to play, then you wouldn't pay the extra $10.

If you are a collector and like boxed games, why WOULDN'T you.

Another way to answer it is like this:

Why would it be more valuable to sell with a box? Because collector's like them that way better.

The reason the re-sell value of a boxed game is higher is because the demand is higher.

Demand means people want them in their collection to keep.

Just sent my payment in....and I can't wait to play it!

And regarding the box/no box thing....I have to admit that I'm that kind of collector as well. In fact, I'm not afraid to admit that I'm pretty damn anal when it comes to no loose cartridges in my collection, etc. I have exceptions, don't get me wrong. But I would pay extra any day for a box (within reason).

That's why buying cartridges on Ebay kills me so often. This scenario has happened to me on more than one occassion (especially with N64 cartridges): a brand new, shrinkwrapped cartridge is up for auction. I win the auction, then they ship it in an envelope. By the time it gets to me, the thing is crushed. That happened to me with a new copy of Donkey Kong 64, and not only was the box crushed, but it was punctured as well! What's up with that?

:ponder:

Hey Albert - just received mine today. Thanks so much!

It was priceless too: I showed my wife what I had bought. She trys to keep up on my video gaming, but she had NO idea that 5200 games were still being released (well, sort of at least!). She goes 'when was this made'? The look on her face when I said 2004 was hillarious. Normally on things like that that I think are cool, she'd shrug off as 'whatever'. But this one took her by surprise!

Anyway, thanks again!

Hey Albert - just received mine today. Thanks so much!

It was priceless too: I showed my wife what I had bought. She trys to keep up on my video gaming, but she had NO idea that 5200 games were still being released (well, sort of at least!). She goes 'when was this made'? The look on her face when I said 2004 was hillarious. Normally on things like that that I think are cool, she'd shrug off as 'whatever'. But this one took her by surprise!

Anyway, thanks again!

You could have told her 2007 since that's when the game actually came out. :D The boxes were printed some time ago. :ponder:

..Al

• 2 months later...