IGNORED

Atari 5200 HSC Round 18 *Moon Patrol*

Atari5200

This round is Moon Patrol. One of the best games in my opinion and far better than it's 2600 counter part, in my opinion.

Typical rule set, emu ok, any controller scheme ok, default difficulty or higher.

This round will end 12/15/2007.

EDIT: Wrong area of the forum, can someone please move?

Edited by Atari5200

Some quick advice for anyone who plans to play this game:

* Get a Sega Arcade Pad and an adapter before you begin. No matter what you think of the stock controllers, they'll be a serious handicap in a game like Moon Patrol, which requires fast reaction time and absolute precision.

* This game is all about memorization. When you learn the locations of the obstacles and know how to deal with them, you'll play like a pro.

* Any gamer worth his salt can finish the Beginner level without continuing. It's the Champion level that requires lots and lots of practice. Luckily, you can choose the Champion level right away, giving you a chance to get in some practice runs before you start playing the game for real.

* It's almost impossible to destroy two rocks bunched together without crashing into one of them. Leap them instead and spare yourself the grief.

Cool, I was playing quite a bit of 5200 Moon Patrol last summer, and I took a preemptive pic for the HSC. Although IIRC it's in the 30k range, so I guess I have more work to do. =)

[Edit] Oops, I guess I didn't even make 30k. Well, it *seemed* good at the time ;)

im001114wm6.th.jpg

Edited by BydoEmpire

Unless someone can help me out here with this problem with this cart. I think it needs to be clean but the game boots up until i press the start button and then it looks like it locks up and the screen is mess up to. I guess i can load the game in my Maxicart if i can't get the cart to work.

Any Thoughts

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
nobody wins this round because i decided none of the scores matter, and since there was what? one. then forget it.
Why would the scores not count? Jess comes in 1st, I come in 2nd? If nobody else bothered to play, that's their fault. BTW, I did try again last night, but only had a little while and couldn't top my 29k.