IGNORED

New PC Indie Game in the spirit of OIDS and other cave shooters

AtariHobo

I've just started up as an Indie game developer. I'm a massive fan of cave shooters like OIDS and THRUST.

My first game is "Gravity Core", a new game that I hope captures the spirit of these classic games.

View the video and download a free demo at:

www.suisoft.co.uk/gravitycore

Feedback is welcome.

Although your game looks cool, why is this in the 5200 section? Are you going to program this for the 5200 next?

Allan

Apologies if this is out of place. I was thinking perhaps it might be of interest to folks who are fans OIDS (on the 5200), as it's the same genre of game - an arcadey cave shooter. I imagine many folks who are ST fans have PC's these days.

Perhaps I should post it in another category.

Thanks for having a look anyhow.

Although your game looks cool, why is this in the 5200 section? Are you going to program this for the 5200 next?

Allan

Apologies if this is out of place. I was thinking perhaps it might be of interest to folks who are fans OIDS (on the 5200), as it's the same genre of game - an arcadey cave shooter. I imagine many folks who are ST fans have PC's these days.

Perhaps I should post it in another category.

Thanks for having a look anyhow.

No problem but I've never heard of Oids on the 5200. Perhaps you mean the 8-bit/800/xe/xl line of Atari computers which are of course very similar to the 5200 but not compatible.

Allan

No problem but I've never heard of Oids on the 5200. Perhaps you mean the 8-bit/800/xe/xl line of Atari computers which are of course very similar to the 5200 but not compatible.

Allan

It was made by the same guys that created Dungeon Master (FTL Games). There's some info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTL_Games

It was a cult hit in the UK - I played it to death on my Atari ST.

Edited by AtariHobo

Hi,

FTL made great games for the ST (indeed you should probably have posted this at the Atari ST section of the forum but I am sure the mods will take care of that :)). Interestingly enough Oids is the game selected for the current competition of the ST offline tournament. I saw the video of your game and it looks a pretty cool conversion of Oids for the pc. Good luck with that :).

Edited by Christos