IGNORED

Atari Projects + More - Pictures of Atari 1020 Color, it came today...

RSS Bot

(does anyone even read blogs on here? I'm wondering if it isn't a waste of time.... just curious... ) anyways...

Knock knock knock.... outside there's a brown box and the post carrier is OFF! (haha)

I didn't think it was the 1020 at first because it was so heavy... but it was.

This thing is pretty heavy considering it's small footprint size.

I powered it on and it didn't initialize correctly and kept looping and looping. I restarted it a few times and the same thing. I'm only figuring (great... one with bad gears or something) but just wiggled on the print head a few times and it fixed itself. Now, it does the 4 square test each time and homes just right.

2112365007_8cbf193b8d_b.jpg

Although the item was listed as new, I already knew it wasn't but for the price I figured whatever, right? The ink is in fact dried up and as the pens were already installed in the printer. Everything is minty new looking however aside from the dead pens. I might try the alcohol pen trick to see if that works when time permits.

2113144118_80c6578f2e_b.jpg

2112367297_1ab3d1db44_b.jpg

2113146326_f12e79ce20_b.jpg

As you can see, it's going to get the (or need) the white paint treatment as my 800XL already has.

2112372749_7377a31aa9_b.jpg

It's still a cool feeling to get near-new A8 items delivered :)

I'll probably be posting a youtube video of it in action once I get the buggers worked out if anyone is interested? I've never seen one in action before... as it may interest someone...maybe not.... (shrugs).

2112371741_85516373ed_b.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4252