IGNORED

5200 Store Demo Console

pumpkinhead_oc

I have an Atari 5200 system that came out of a department store. It is the store demo model. Its almost 7ft tall and has a built in screen, speakers, Atari 5200 console and two controllers. The controllers have a joystick, two buttons on the side, and a keypad. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how rare of an item this is? Or if anyone knows what it might be worth? Im not for sure going to sell it but it has crossed my mind before.

post-17213-1197844846_thumb.jpg

post-17213-1197844857_thumb.jpg

post-17213-1197844866_thumb.jpg

post-17213-1198126858_thumb.jpg

post-17213-1198126864_thumb.jpg

Edited by pumpkinhead_oc

Wow, the 5200 kiosk is nice. When did you get it and where are you located? They are worth a good bit (probably not as much as 2600 ones), but they are very heavy and hard to ship. Search for "5200 kiosk" on AtariAge and you'll bring up old posts where people bought and sold a few. Take care,

RG

Edited by RangerG

Wow, the 5200 kiosk is nice. When did you get it and where are you located? They are worth a good bit (probably not as much as 2600 ones), but they are very heavy and hard to ship. Search for "5200 kiosk" on AtariAge and you'll bring up old posts were people bought and sold a few. Take care,

RG

My dad worked at the store when they were getting rid of them. He got it and a box of games for really cheap. It sat in his house for years and when I moved out he didnt want it anymore so he gave it to me. I have had it in my garage for about 3 years. It works except sometimes some of the games you have to wiggle around a lil bit to make a good connection. The screen, controllers, and speakers work fine. I am located in Ky. By the way, I couldnt bring anything up on the topic of "5200 kiosk".

Edited by pumpkinhead_oc

They do center, they are difficult and not as responsive as normal 5200 controllers, but yes they do self-center. The keypads over the years get stiff and difficult to push the buttons anymore, I've taken mine apart three times over the years to refurbish and they still start to stick badly after a while.

You pop in a multi-cart and its like heaven though having all of the games available and playing 5200 games a'la arcade style.

Curt

That's pretty neat, what are the controllers like? They don't look like standard 5200 joysticks, do they center?

I remember seeing one of these in Wal-mart as a Kid, but it was always broken :(

But, the one time I did get to play one (in another store), I fell in love with Pac-Man. I bugged the crap out of my parents (I was like 7 at the time), but they didn't go for it. "You already have Pac-Man on your Atari (2600)

"yeah, but it sucks... this one is better"

Years later, I picked up a 5200 at the flea market... It's probably my favorite system, despite the fact they have crappy controllers.

Id be interested to see more of the internal workings of the joysticks.

Same here. Wouldn't mind seeing if the motherboard had anything different about it too.

Sorry pumpikinhead_oc - we are totally undressing your console with our eyes. That is definitely a sweet item to own

Ill take some more pics but I dont know how good they will come out without disassembling it alot. Its cool about undressing it. Everyone drools over it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry I havent gotten any pics of the internal workings of the controllers. The holidays have been hectic and the last couple of days I have been trying to figure out how to take it apart to get a good pic. Maybe Ill have success shortly.

I also have an Atari 5200 Kiosk for sale. I am in the Chicagoland area. I received it as an inheritance. It has been stored in my garage. It was too big for the basement.

Sorry I havent gotten any pics of the internal workings of the controllers. The holidays have been hectic and the last couple of days I have been trying to figure out how to take it apart to get a good pic. Maybe Ill have success shortly.

I also have an Atari 5200 Kiosk for sale. I am in the Chicagoland area. I received it as an inheritance. It has been stored in my garage. It was too big for the basement.

I'd love one of those things. Chicago you say? Hmm.... I wonder if the girlfriend would kill me?

Tempest

I'd love one of those things. Chicago you say? Hmm.... I wonder if the girlfriend would kill me?

Tempest

Well, you could always ship the one you can't keep to me. :twisted: :P