IGNORED

eBay item lost in the mail - advice

rklastleft

Hi All,

I would like to thank everyone for the advice. I just went ahead and issued the refund because I don't want to deal with it over the holidays and sent him a message through eBay.

I did notice that recently he receive 2 negative feedbacks since he purchased my item, and also I noticed that someone else left him a positive feedback even though in the feedback they stated that 'he claimed the item never arrived'. All at about the same time that I shipped my item.

I still believe that he honestly has not recieved it, but I have a feeling that it might be a local delivery problem as the other item not recieved was also a large package.

At this point I guess I just hope that the box appears back on my doorstep after the holidays. If it does I will send it to you 'jimdandy75' if it is still intact...

Thanks,

Rob

What is the buyers eBay name. He sound like a possible scammer to me and not someone that I want buying my stuff.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Endicia.com when printing postage and shipping confirmation numbers compared to using Paypal shipping?

Endicia costs $10-$36/month. When you spend $2000/month on postage, that is chomp change. Delivery confirmation is included with all priority mail printed online and only 18cents for 1st class. 90% of my shipping is 12oz 1st class so I save $1.42/package over 1lb Priority Mail from a free service like USPS.com or paypal. Also it takes my employee 6 hours to create the postage everyday. With endicia.com, I can finish doing my shipping labels in under 1 hour. I save about $500 in labor costs and $500 in postage every month.

The added cost is only advantageous for those who ship regularly(about 7 packages a month for the lowest level of service at my per shipment savings). That is you have to be able to use the 1st class level of service (less than 1 pound packages). If you ship infrequently, I would stick to the free services. OTOH, if your sales pick up, I would jump on using Endicia. I believe the 1st month was free. Also I would splurge to get the Premium service to get Stealth postage at $16/month. This prevents my customers from getting angry if I inadvertently made too much profit on shipping. Also, endicia works well with the Zebra thermal printers and that is needed if sales pick up.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Endicia.com when printing postage and shipping confirmation numbers compared to using Paypal shipping?

Advantages:

- You can print virtually any type of postage (media mail, parcel post, first class, priority, express mail, first-class international, global priority, and international express mail) for pretty much any type of mail piece. No more waiting at the post office to have clerks weigh your package and affix postage to it!

- Endicia keeps a log of every piece of postage you print, and you can easily search this log and do batch status checks on printed postage to see if they've been delivered.

- You can use Endicia's less expensive insurance instead of the USPS insurance.

- There is a new integrated postage/customs form that allows you to fill out the customs information on the computer and everything then prints on a single label that you affix to the package. A huge timesaver for anyone that ships a fair number of international packages.

- Did I mention you don't have to wait in line at the post office to buy postage?

Disadvantages:

- You need to buy shipping labels (and in my case I have two kinds, the type that goes through a laser printer and the smaller labels on a spool used with a standalone Dymo label printer).

- You can optionally use a dedicated label printer, which makes printing labels a bit easier. These typically cost between $100 and $200.

- Endicia has monthly fees (I believe it's $14.95 a month right now).

..Al

Hi All,

I would like to thank everyone for the advice. I just went ahead and issued the refund because I don't want to deal with it over the holidays and sent him a message through eBay.

I did notice that recently he receive 2 negative feedbacks since he purchased my item, and also I noticed that someone else left him a positive feedback even though in the feedback they stated that 'he claimed the item never arrived'. All at about the same time that I shipped my item.

I still believe that he honestly has not recieved it, but I have a feeling that it might be a local delivery problem as the other item not recieved was also a large package.

At this point I guess I just hope that the box appears back on my doorstep after the holidays. If it does I will send it to you 'jimdandy75' if it is still intact...

Thanks,

Rob

Awesome, hope it shows up!!!! :D

Seriously I hope it does, and you recover your losses. These things always suck, for both party's involved.

GOOD LUCK!!!!