IGNORED

I'd like to take a moment

Tom_Explodes

to screech in stupid glee. TEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I got my 5200 for Christmas, along with Pac-Man and Pole Position. My brother got me Wizard of Wor and my girlfriend got me Adventure II. Initially, everything on the controllers didn't work until I put in the new flex circuits, then everything worked except the fire buttons. Some foil on the contacts and they work beautifully. I could probably use new rubber boots, but that's not a huge issue.

Adventure II is amazing. I love this game. The manual, maps, magnet and key that came with it are just fantastic looking and make me very happy. The game itself is phenomenal. Wizard of Wor is a huge improvement in almost every aspect over its 2600 counterpart, I am very pleased with it, as WoW is one of my favorite 2600 games. More map layouts, improved graphics, no flicker to speak of, faster bullets, things can't shoot through each other, it's just great. All in all, this has been a great Christmas. I got a bunch of other stuff too, but this makes me very very happy. Thanks to igg1na for the system and thanks to the developers and AtariAge for Adventure II. Rocktastic.

Forgot to add, Pac-Man is a great port and a lot of fun. Pole Position is so-so, but it's fine. Good stuff.

Edited by Tom_Explodes

Is this 1984 or something? It sure sounds like it!

Congrats anyway. You've got further than I have with the controllers. Do get some rubber boots--they help to center the stick somewhat.

One of the guys here put foil over the carbon dots in both of my controllers. They work quite well until the flex circuit gives up.

Edited by shadow460

Tom, I'm glad you didn't explode trying to get your 5200 up & running (Controllers!) We've all been there. Personally, I mostly use my Masterplay and a SEGA Genesis controller nowadays, except on Missile Command which begs to use the analog original sticks, and Space Dungeon with its 2-stick control.

I think RAM carts are great because you can load them with works-in-progress of homebrews and other games which are near impossible to get hold of.