IGNORED

HERE WE GO AGAIN! SEALED QUADRUN FROM MEXICO

ItsAtariTime

Gone for 326.77$...........

It´s a good price provided that the buyer recieve the game...... :ponder:

I am confused! Why wouldn't the buyer receive the game? Toymailman is a member here and he purchased the game off him and got his. I bought a Crazy Climber sealed off him and i got mine? I am bummed i forgot to bid on this one should have went for at least $400 ...........$326 is a nice bargain for a mint cartridge and insturctions and crushed up box. The seller is fine in my opinion. I think your all just jealous he found all of these. ;-)

Shawn

Yep and then you can just iron the box back into shape.

If you have one, why would you want to buy another one now??? how do you know this won't turn out like Motorodeo and Ikari? you'll have spent $1,000 combined for 2 games that sell for $30 each in a years time? There were 10,000 of these made and only a small number have surfaced so far. Its quite likely that the seller has hundreds if not thousands of these ....

You seem like quite a sensible person and maybe i don't seem to make sense at times. I really think of the 10,000 that were sold i really doubt there are many left that are still unopened or even still with their box at all. Like you said 10,000 of them so out of those how many you think had owners like myself that just ditched the box the first couple days they owned it? When your an 8yr old and you get a new game to play are u careful in how you open a plain old box like that? I sure wasn't. I also like to believe the best in most people........and i have been in contact with this seller when i was awaiting my Crazy Climber game and he told me how many of each game he had and i really don't think he was lying to me.

Shawn

I guess my point was that if you take the number of carts only that have surfaced, they would be significantly fewer than 10,000, leaving it open to the possibility that there is NOS out there of hundreds, if not thousands of copies. If this seller has a couple of hundred, heck, even 100, then the price will fall significantly over the next year.

Its also not in his interest to tell you the truth as that could impact what he can sell them for. He is a reseller for profit after all. If he wasn't and he was a philanthropist out to help Atari collectors, he would have made it known publically how many copies he had upfront, or better yet, list the number of copies he has simultaneously, but he didn't.

I am confused! Why wouldn't the buyer receive the game? Toymailman is a member here and he purchased the game off him and got his. I bought a Crazy Climber sealed off him and i got mine? I am bummed i forgot to bid on this one should have went for at least $400 ...........$326 is a nice bargain for a mint cartridge and insturctions and crushed up box. The seller is fine in my opinion. I think your all just jealous he found all of these. ;-)

Shawn

If you have one, why would you want to buy another one now??? how do you know this won't turn out like Motorodeo and Ikari? you'll have spent $1,000 combined for 2 games that sell for $30 each in a years time? There were 10,000 of these made and only a small number have surfaced so far. Its quite likely that the seller has hundreds if not thousands of these ....

You seem like quite a sensible person and maybe i don't seem to make sense at times. I really think of the 10,000 that were sold i really doubt there are many left that are still unopened or even still with their box at all. Like you said 10,000 of them so out of those how many you think had owners like myself that just ditched the box the first couple days they owned it? When your an 8yr old and you get a new game to play are u careful in how you open a plain old box like that? I sure wasn't. I also like to believe the best in most people........and i have been in contact with this seller when i was awaiting my Crazy Climber game and he told me how many of each game he had and i really don't think he was lying to me.

Shawn

I guess my point was that if you take the number of carts only that have surfaced, they would be significantly fewer than 10,000, leaving it open to the possibility that there is NOS out there of hundreds, if not thousands of copies. If this seller has a couple of hundred, heck, even 100, then the price will fall significantly over the next year.

Its also not in his interest to tell you the truth as that could impact what he can sell them for. He is a reseller for profit after all. If he wasn't and he was a philanthropist out to help Atari collectors, he would have made it known publically how many copies he had upfront, or better yet, list the number of copies he has simultaneously, but he didn't.

Well he told me he payed less than $15 for the Quadruns i think thats pretty honest.

Shawn

Shawn

Well he told me he payed less than $15 for the Quadruns i think thats pretty honest.

Out of curiosity, how many did he say he had?

Shawn

Shawn

He claims he only had the 2 sealed that are now sold, and he sold one loose and he is keeping his last one in his private collection. I am not even sure if this is a sealed or opened one. I imagine its probably the mintest looking one of the bunch but thats only my speculation. I very much doubt the buyer has anything to worry about in receiving his item though. I am happy with my purchase of the sealed Crazy Climber i haven't seen another one of those sealed.

Shawn

He claims he only had the 2 sealed that are now sold, and he sold one loose and he is keeping his last one in his private collection. I am not even sure if this is a sealed or opened one. I imagine its probably the mintest looking one of the bunch but thats only my speculation. I very much doubt the buyer has anything to worry about in receiving his item though. I am happy with my purchase of the sealed Crazy Climber i haven't seen another one of those sealed.

Shawn

I'm not as trusting as you.

I know for a fact that this person has had more than 3 quadrun auctions up since mid Aug. (I bid on that loose one, think it ended Aug 18thish?). Since then, as far as I know, this most recent one is the 3rd boxed one he's had up for auction. & if memory serves me, on a thread that niner started someone mentioned another quadrun that the person sold PRIOR to Aug.

So, if that is indeed what he told you, he is lying. There has been nothing so far to dispute what many of the experts on here have been speculating the past few months, that a large stash of Quadruns have been found in Mexico & are gradually being sold off one-by-one.

Peace

Shawn

I'm not as trusting as you.

I know for a fact that this person has had more than 3 quadrun auctions up since mid Aug. (I bid on that loose one, think it ended Aug 18thish?). Since then, as far as I know, this most recent one is the 3rd boxed one he's had up for auction. & if memory serves me, on a thread that niner started someone mentioned another quadrun that the person sold PRIOR to Aug.

So, if that is indeed what he told you, he is lying. There has been nothing so far to dispute what many of the experts on here have been speculating the past few months, that a large stash of Quadruns have been found in Mexico & are gradually being sold off one-by-one.

Peace

The 2nd transaction never finished! Did you read all the posts in this thread? This was the 3rd listing but the 2nd game.

The 2nd transaction never finished! Did you read all the posts in this thread? This was the 3rd listing but the 2nd game.

Really? The 2nd transaction never finished? I must not be paying attention. Please post the proof that the 2nd BOXED transaction wasn't completed.

& since we're being so exact. You say this was only the "2nd game". Ok, let's say that the 2nd BOXED transaction wasn't completed. Did YOU read my post? I bid on a LOOSE quadrun from this guy in Aug. Can you deny that there have been 2 boxed available since then? if not, then your comment (I'll repost it EXACTLY) was "this was the 3rd listing but the 2nd game". I count THREE in 4 months IF I agreed that one was relisted.

Btw, looks like this guy is FAR from an inexperienced eBay seller.

WHY would he relist it instead of offering the boxed Quadrun to the next highest bidder?! Or, for that matter, the next highest bidder after that? Looks like it wouldn't have been sold @ that much of a lower $.

Peace

I'm just wondering ... at these prices, what's to stop someone from remanufacturing games like Quadrun and putting them up on eBay? I'm not saying that's what's been going on here, considering the shape of the boxes. Just wondering how much it would cost for someone to re-create the Atari boxes and labels to an authentic standard. :ponder:

Really? The 2nd transaction never finished? I must not be paying attention. Please post the proof that the 2nd BOXED transaction wasn't completed.

& since we're being so exact. You say this was only the "2nd game". Ok, let's say that the 2nd BOXED transaction wasn't completed. Did YOU read my post? I bid on a LOOSE quadrun from this guy in Aug. Can you deny that there have been 2 boxed available since then? if not, then your comment (I'll repost it EXACTLY) was "this was the 3rd listing but the 2nd game". I count THREE in 4 months IF I agreed that one was relisted.

Btw, looks like this guy is FAR from an inexperienced eBay seller.

WHY would he relist it instead of offering the boxed Quadrun to the next highest bidder?! Or, for that matter, the next highest bidder after that? Looks like it wouldn't have been sold @ that much of a lower $.

Peace

I meant that there were actually only 2 Sealed ones sold since the other didn't carry through........i know about the loose one that was sold. I did say he still had only one left. That does equal the four he originally told me he had. I also know what happened with the 2nd transaction. As far as the relisting his first one went for $310 the 2nd listing went for over $500 maybe he thought he would get more just by relisting it. Also maybe he did try and send 2nd chance offers out but no one accepted them because they were afraid of the scams that go on. I am not trying to sound like a know it all. Was really just trying to answer Dino's questions.

Shawn

Shawn

Shawn

There was a guy on AtariAge about 2 years ago who had 5 sealed Crazy Climbers.

Clearly there is a lot of trepidation about buying rare sealed games after the NTSC Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo debaucle. And rightfully so.

Consider also that he may not be lying- he may just have bought a few copies from a local vendor knowing that there are more he could go back and get if he succeeds in selling them. Maybe he'll just buy one once in a while. Of course, most of us in the US are more competitive and wouldn't let anything remotely valuable sit, but he may be the only guy in his state that even knows about them aside from the vendor.

Clearly there is a lot of trepidation about buying rare sealed games after the NTSC Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo debaucle. And rightfully so.

Consider also that he may not be lying- he may just have bought a few copies from a local vendor knowing that there are more he could go back and get if he succeeds in selling them. Maybe he'll just buy one once in a while. Of course, most of us in the US are more competitive and wouldn't let anything remotely valuable sit, but he may be the only guy in his state that even knows about them aside from the vendor.

You know it has now been 2 and a half years since that happened. One thing needs to be noted about this. When the great find of 2005 happened with Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors these games were only 15 years old. I Ikari came out in 1989 and Motorodeo came out in 1990. Most super rare Atari 2600 games are 25 years old at the moment. The odds of a find of finding a warehouse full of stuff that is over 25 years old I believe is a lot rarer than finding a warehouse full of stuff 15 years old. I believe as time goes on these warehouse finds will be a lot fewer and smaller.