IGNORED

I want to hear more about this Puffer Project?

Phantom

I just saw that lil diddy on the front page and never heard of it before. It would be great for us aging gamers. I guess and exercise bike would work as well but could anyone mod an excercise bike with a redemption and controllers or something???? LOL I would buy if it wasnt to steep.

Seriously anyone that has info about the Puffer Project please share

unless this topic has been posed and done before. Cheers :)

I just saw that lil diddy on the front page and never heard of it before. It would be great for us aging gamers. I guess and exercise bike would work as well but could anyone mod an excercise bike with a redemption and controllers or something???? LOL I would buy if it wasnt to steep.

Seriously anyone that has info about the Puffer Project please share

unless this topic has been posed and done before. Cheers :)

My understanding is that the bike was supposed to work with Pole Position and maybe one other. But as Al Alcorn said when he was asked to come up with an exercise peripheral for video games "You're missing the point. PONG was designed so you could participate in athletics while maintaining a firm grip on a can of beer! Go out and play ping pong, go out and play tennis."

Edited by TunnelRunner

My understanding is that the bike was supposed to work with Pole Position and maybe one other. But as Al Alcorn said when he was asked to come up with an exercise peripheral for video games "You're missing the point. PONG was designed so you could participate in athletics while maintaining a firm grip on a can of beer! Go out and play ping pong, go out and play tennis."

No I undertsand that completely but why not try to use atleast some of that time spent playing games and excerise while youre at it is what Im thinking. If I could do both at once some of the time even, Id have to be healthier and thats a good thing ;)

Thanks for your input :)

Here are some reviews of the two Puffer specific games known to exist:

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/j...jungleriver.htm

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/t...tumbleweeds.htm

Tempest

WOW thanks alot Tempest!

Very informative and now i really want one. Any clue on how many were actually made or are they just a few rare proto(s)? The person writing that made it sound as if there were more than one or maybe I was just wishing as I read.

Track N Field would had made a lot of sense for this project.

It makes one wonder why they didnt start with that or atleast as the 2nd game made to be compatable with the bike unit.

I think Im going to have to rig something up and see how it goes.

Thanks again for the cool info :)

Edited by Phantom

Here are some reviews of the two Puffer specific games known to exist:

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/j...jungleriver.htm

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/t...tumbleweeds.htm

Tempest

WOW thanks alot Tempest!

Very informative and now i really want one. Any clue on how many were actually made or are they just a few rare proto(s)? The person writing that made it sound as if there were more than one or maybe I was just wishing as I read.

Track N Field would had made a lot of sense for this project.

It makes one wonder why they didnt start with that or atleast as the 2nd game made to be compatable with the bike unit.

I think Im going to have to rig something up and see how it goes.

Thanks again for the cool info :)

I wrote those, and there were at least one or two prototypes made. Lord knows what happened to them though. There were also two other games that were adapted to the Puffer: Pac-Man and Pole Position.

Tempest