IGNORED

Knight Lore by xxl

Hi guys, just to let you know that the next fantastic game is coming for 8-bit Atari. Krzysztof "xxl" Dudek decided yesterday to port "Knight Lore"! It will be port from BBC Micro computer (not ZX Spectrum this time). Progress is incredible - xxl had a partially working game after 3 hours. You can find more details here (in Polish only, sorry!) ) and short movie from Atari emulator here. No xex file at this moment.

Hi guys, just to let you know that the next fantastic game is coming for 8-bit Atari. Krzysztof "xxl" Dudek decided yesterday to port "Knight Lore"! It will be port from BBC Micro computer (not ZX Spectrum this time). Progress is incredible - xxl had a partially working game after 3 hours. You can find more details here (in Polish only, sorry!) ) and short movie from Atari emulator here. No xex file at this moment.
oh wow, thats great news! :-o in 3 hours! incredible in an understatement

is Elite! bbc version done in basic or in MC? is the Elite source not public for the arcon version?

Elite must be converted to A8!

In the topic "vote against a game", apart voting against 3 games, I also voted for 3 games and Knight Lore was the first of my list!

What I win? An autographed copy?

Thank you!

Edited by Philsan

lol, i wondered how long it would take before everyone shouts Elite! :) I think it would please a L O T of people to see Elite appear. Also, Thrust was released on the BBC. As we have mentioned in the recent past, it would be really good to see a correct hi-res version of Thrust on the A8. Most of the Ultimate games were done on the BBC. soon we will have Knight Lore! :cool: xxl

Also, Thrust was released on the BBC. As we have mentioned in the recent past, it would be really good to see a correct hi-res version of Thrust on the A8.

It might be better to look at the C16 version of Thrust, if it only uses half a character set it should port over easily enough and it wedges into about 12K so less to convert. Plus i get to be all smug 'cos i watched the C16 port being coded. =-)

and Elite can be done faster... ;) I guess we have little bit more horsepower to avoid the c64 flickering elite gfx engine... ;)

Directly porting the code'll make it flicker on the Atari too, a stock 32K BBC can't double buffer so the code doesn't either. The C64 is a port of that code too, that's where the flicker comes from, nobody fixed it for two buffers.

Also, Thrust was released on the BBC. As we have mentioned in the recent past, it would be really good to see a correct hi-res version of Thrust on the A8.

It might be better to look at the C16 version of Thrust, if it only uses half a character set it should port over easily enough and it wedges into about 12K so less to convert. Plus i get to be all smug 'cos i watched the C16 port being coded. =-)

Ah yes, that's a very good point, that would make more sense.