IGNORED

Anything I need to know before I start Midnight Mutants?

godzillajoe

i think this will be my first Atari obsession in 2008, should tide me over until the crate full of new homebrews arrives.

Not looking for cheats, maybe just some advice on things that the manual might not make clear

Or is it pretty straightforward?

It's pretty straight forward, actually. Just remember to watch your health *and* your blood purity. Both can kill you, yet each is cured by different things.

Yeah watch that blood purity bullshit. That is the real enemy. It isn't zombies, or bats, or mazes, or ear wax, it is that second health bar. I hate it. Still, the game rocks. My advice for the game is to gather the health upgrades before going after the second and final bosses. I can kill the second boss easy usually because I out health him so easily.

The only advice I would give, to prevent frustration is... whatever you do, do not touch ghosts. You'll know them when you see them-- IIRC, they're only in one or 2 specific spots. Ghosts do very bad things that can't be fixed. All other enemies do bad things that can be fixed.

-John

Basically, Midnight Mutants is the Zelda of the Atari 7800. Be prepared to invest some time in this game BTW since there is no password, save, or even a continue feature! You start all over again if you die.

I've never made it past the second boss. Any advice would be appreciated. And what about these health upgrades I hear about?

Basically, Midnight Mutants is the Zelda of the Atari 7800. Be prepared to invest some time in this game BTW since there is no password, save, or even a continue feature! You start all over again if you die.

I've never made it past the second boss. Any advice would be appreciated. And what about these health upgrades I hear about?

It's tough but it's not unbeatable. There are a number of spots where you get an energy diamond which increases your health bar. Usually, it's found by killing off zombies in the area. I don't bother with the second boss until I have a lot of these found, a long health bar and some blood purity and health potions on tap. I also get the super blaster too. Helps a bunch.

Walkthrough ;)

Mitch

• 11 months later...

Fired this one up tonight, it is lots of fun. After getting beat down so often I decided to look at the manual, low and behold the last owner actually typed up a cheat sheet and left it in there! Too funny. It was helpful grabbing the knife and cross like stated in the first paragraph. What a neat game, the proline seems to be a little clunky on this game though, the character speed is great, but moving from up/down to left/right sometimes does not respond very quickly.

Fired this one up tonight, it is lots of fun. After getting beat down so often I decided to look at the manual, low and behold the last owner actually typed up a cheat sheet and left it in there! Too funny. It was helpful grabbing the knife and cross like stated in the first paragraph. What a neat game, the proline seems to be a little clunky on this game though, the character speed is great, but moving from up/down to left/right sometimes does not respond very quickly.

This is one of the few games where I use the Atari joypads (or Doubledown's NES pad).

It's better to play this game if you're bald!,because you'll be ripping it out in frustration.

I'm a bit perplexed by this? I've found lots of 7800 games that made me want to rip my hair out in frustration (ie. the long jumps in SCRAPYARD DOG) but this one isn't one.

Once you learn a couple of tricks, it's really not THAT hard.

It's better to play this game if you're bald!,because you'll be ripping it out in frustration.

I'm a bit perplexed by this? I've found lots of 7800 games that made me want to rip my hair out in frustration (ie. the long jumps in SCRAPYARD DOG) but this one isn't one.

True,the reason i think its so frustrating is that one bad mistake and you get killed and have to start all over from beginning.You must complete game in one go.I cant beat the 1st boss,thus havent progressed past that point.Any suggestions on how to beat him?Thanx

True,the reason i think its so frustrating is that one bad mistake and you get killed and have to start all over from beginning.You must complete game in one go.I cant beat the 1st boss,thus havent progressed past that point.Any suggestions on how to beat him?Thanx

You have to hit the first boss in the middle of the forehead with the axe. You'll see him flash colors when done correct. If you have the lantern you can pick up 2 diamonds in the dark fields. With the axe if you kill all the zombies on the top floor of the manison you'll get a diamond. And there's a room on the top floor when you kill the zombie you'll get a diamond. Diamonds increase your healh bar. You can also pick up a diamond when you kill all the zombies at the dock. There's a map on this website that is very heplful. It took me a long time to find the "bush that cast no shadow". I hope this helps you out. Midnight Mutants is a great game, have fun!

You have to hit the first boss in the middle of the forehead with the axe. You'll see him flash colors when done correct. If you have the lantern you can pick up 2 diamonds in the dark fields. With the axe if you kill all the zombies on the top floor of the manison you'll get a diamond. And there's a room on the top floor when you kill the zombie you'll get a diamond. Diamonds increase your healh bar. You can also pick up a diamond when you kill all the zombies at the dock. There's a map on this website that is very heplful. It took me a long time to find the "bush that cast no shadow". I hope this helps you out. Midnight Mutants is a great game, have fun!

Thanx Drac, :thumbsup: I'll try out those tips tonight ;)