IGNORED

I am now a 5200 owner!

NCN

Kangaroo is a lot of fun on the 5200. Also if you find it, grab Miner 2049er. Bounty Bob is fun, too, but very expensive.

Wow, you weren't joking about Kangaroo. I'm hooked on it! My high score so far isn't massive but I see that changing soon.

Cool. I love hearing these stories. To get a working controller is even better. Congrats man! :cool:

Thanks! Both of my controllers are working perfectly. I actually think they're comfortable and pretty nice all around. I guess it pays to be the odd one out. ;)

Kangaroo is a lot of fun on the 5200. Also if you find it, grab Miner 2049er. Bounty Bob is fun, too, but very expensive.

Wow, you weren't joking about Kangaroo. I'm hooked on it! My high score so far isn't massive but I see that changing soon.

Well, I did manage to top my high score. Sorry for the obscenely bright picture... I tried to get a snapshot of my tv with my cell phone. Not so much....

HighScoreonKangarooJan14.jpg

Me too! Well I went the Ebay route. In 2 purchases (1 for machine and a few games 2 broken controllers no hookups) (second for several games and the rf hookup and 2 working / 1 not working controller)...

Ordered a rebuild kit for the broken controllers and a newly rebuilt one from Best. Where I'm at the 5200 was never sold so I never laid my hands on one though we were saturated with 7800s... what a fright when I opened the box!

The machine is a behemoth! Beautiful Behemoth at that!

Finally fired it all up this morning... What a morning it was! :)

I now understand how the controllers are a blessing and a curse at the same time.

It seems to me that the games are 100% identical to the 800/xl versions apart from controls!

I'm going to do the mods for video and direct adaptor hookup as the rf unit seems a little flakey but works after jiggling it around some.

Today was a great day for me. The Wife and I took our Daughter to a local indoor flea market for some fun and a little weekend shopping. I've always loved flea markets but I always came out empty handed. That changed today.

In the very last row of booths in the place I found it: a 5200 with both cables, two controllers and three complete games. When I say complete I mean box, cart, manual and controller overlays. The games were common but classic: Pac Man, Space Invaders and Super Breakout. I got out of there with all of it for $20. Now the usual question:

What games are "can't miss" on the 5200? The honest-to-God must own games. I can't wait to start picking some up. Thanks for reading the thread....I know if anyone will understand my geek-tastic joy it's the AA forum members. :D

-NCN