IGNORED

Even more classic Jaguar scans! ADS

Gunstar

In the article with "Checkered Flag II" , the screenshots look very good, they should've kept it that way....

If your talking about the Checkered Flag ad above, that is the final product in those screen shots, it may be using camera views you haven't seen/tried before, but that's the final cut. If your talking about some other "Checkered Flag II" article, I'm not aware of it, where did you see it? I have seen early screenshots, and FMV footage of Checkered Flag that does look different, and also appears to have a better frame-rate by the FMV, and I agree they should have kept what I saw of early builds as-is.

Never heard of the Max Force game.

thanks for these pics, very appreciated, I love stuff like this :D :D :D :D :D

Max force, as stated, was to be an FPS game, but this one, unlike most FPS games, was to be a K-A rating since it was based on NERF's MAX FORCE toys. Imagine a virtual game of LASER TAG using NERF weapons instead. Apparently robot mechs were a part of it too. I've heard that Max Force was actually well into development, but so far no lost alpha/beta of the game has surfaced. The 'Let the games begin' ad has quite a few titles listed that never saw the light of day, and several have only been released in recent years as incomplete/beta "lost" titles put out by B&C and others. Some names changed too, like Battlezone 2000 became Hover Strike when the game started straying to far from the original Battlezone theme (like the fact that it's a hovercraft, and not a tank). :ponder:

I think that's the vast majority of ads put out by Atari, I think there was a Cannon Fodder ad too I can't find, then there are a few like Air Cars, Rayman and Pinball fantasies put out by 3rd parties. I have some of these, but not Aircars. I'll get them up soon. Also, Atari put out a "booklet" showing/listing 50+ games that was an insert with certain magazines, but I don't have that one anymore, at least I can't find it...Anyone remember any other Jaguar/game ads not shown or mentioned here?

Oh! Just remembered one more I need to find; the Atari "Thumb" ad with "thumb" being the big sports winner with Jaguar sports games.

Edited by Gunstar

pretty cool stuff...did own this mag since way back when (95)?

Yes, these are from magazines I own from back between '93-'95. Though I had many more at one time, I lent out many magazine clippings to someone and they were never returned. :(

Yes, these are from magazines I own from back between '93-'95. Though I had many more at one time, I lent out many magazine clippings to someone and they were never returned. :(

i still have one of my gaming mags that cover the 5200 games (space dungeon). i can't even scan it because its so old.

yeah that sucks, those mags have a lot of history.

i still have one of my gaming mags that cover the 5200 games (space dungeon). i can't even scan it because its so old.

yeah that sucks, those mags have a lot of history.

i tore apart over 80 magazines and saved all the Jaguar articles and everything Jaguar related......they served their purpose. :cool:

i have American Hero flyer and the Uber-rare Phear flyer!! :D

Well scan them already! or at least a digital photo!

oneday ill get a camera and take pictures buddy. :)

How's today sound? :)

Sounds good to me, I say lets get all the printed Jaguar material that we can find and get it online!!!

By the way everyone, I'll have some more to add to the other thread with Jag articles, but I'm pretty tapped out on Jag Ads. I'd REALLY, appreciate it if someone could post scans of the Aircars and Cannon fodder ads, and the Atari "Thumb." And any others I have forgotten. And maybe some of the post Atari ads by Songbird and Telegames, etc.?

By the way everyone, I'll have some more to add to the other thread with Jag articles, but I'm pretty tapped out on Jag Ads. I'd REALLY, appreciate it if someone could post scans of the Aircars and Cannon fodder ads, and the Atari "Thumb." And any others I have forgotten. And maybe some of the post Atari ads by Songbird and Telegames, etc.?

GameFan has a few good articles.... :cool: