IGNORED

PC with an Atari 800 Keyboard

UNIXcoffee928

5 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I found this picture of a real XL laptop a while back, I have it set as one of my many Atari computer wallpapers. I don't know the story behind it, but I doubt it was done with a 3D printer. I think this is a hack special with a combination of laptop and real XL case parts professionally "melded."

atari_laptop.jpg

This is the "ATARI 1500XL" project, made by User "Beetle" from the ABBUC forum....
The story behind you´ll find here (sorry, only in german language, but you can use "Deepl" or Google Trans):

-> The ATARI 1500XL Laptop

Gtx.,

andY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, iot4c said:

This is my variant for 65(130)XE. Main goals was to keep native mode, do not make any drilling in the Atari body case, do not touch the Atari scheme

https://camper-assistant.com/atrkb.html

looks like can be used with 800 with not alot modification.

Cool! For purposes of aesthetics, I’d use a 600XL for my 1088 keyboard, since the 600XL already looks like just a keyboard. 
As I’m trying to wire a 600XL as a PS/2 keyboard to be used in Atari native mode, do you have any tips on wiring? Are soldering points the same?

2 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

do you have any tips on wiring?

If this scheme

is truth, then all nearly same.

I think, comparing with my variant (for 65XE), need only three wires (red lines) to be rewired (for 600XE).

600vs65.png

All other differences in both J8s (about data lines) can be programmed in Arduino sketch.
Need to try...

Note: in my variant, keys Start, Select, Option, Reset, is not used as not applicable for PC. 
But for you it can be the block?

Other note. This is method with no one wire required to be soldered to the Atari PCB soldering points.

kbtoj8.png

Edited by iot4c
  • Like 3