IGNORED

Epyx Titles For the Atari 8-Bit?

Tempest

Does anyone have a list of which Epyx games were released for the Atari 8-bit computers? From what I can tell, most if not almost all of the early titles were released for the Atari with the exception of Sword of Fargol (Vic-20 and C64 only), Sorcerer of Siva (why is this one an exception?), Fore!, Tuesday Morning Quarterback, and Jabbertalky. But once you get into the 83-84 time frame, more games started being released for the Apple/C64 only. However the Atari appears to have had a few exclusives like Escape from Vulcan Isle, Nightmare, and King Arthur's Heir (all running off the same engine, so that makes sense).

There are also many other Epyx that aren't RPG's that aren't very well known that might not have had an Atari release (there was a Columbus style discover the "new world" game for example). I'm having a hard time finding a definitive list of Epyx games, much less one of those released for the Atari.

And although it's probably a loooooong shot, I have some boxed early Epyx titles (the Apshai series, Rescue at Rigel, Crush Crumble Chomp, etc.) on tape that I would like to swap for the disk versions if anyone is up for trading.

Tempest

Vulcans Island, Nightmare and King Authur were the Marc Benoiff basic games which prob made more sense as to why they didnt appear on the C64 - not to mention they were average as best ;)

Should I recognize that name? :?

I've only played Nightmare, but I found that there is a fun 'simplicity' to the game. It's not overly complex as many of the early Epyx games are...

Tempest

Apart from any protos that may exist, preliminary versions of some games and disk re-releases of existing cartridge programs (check the three Value-U-Line entries on our site), the list is complete.

If somebody has The Keys of Acheron or the early version of Jumpman (before it went into production), please dump the titles ASAP.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Apart from any protos that may exist, preliminary versions of some games and disk re-releases of existing cartridge programs (check the three Value-U-Line entries on our site), the list is complete.

If somebody has The Keys of Acheron or the early version of Jumpman (before it went into production), please dump the titles ASAP.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

I think I saw a copy of Keys on ebay a few weeks ago...

Tempest