IGNORED

Is this allowed?

Pipster

The only 'problem' I can see is that he's making some money out of it.

8)

He may not be making money out of this sale,he may have bought them himself previously and now sell them to get his money back...isnt that what we do with Atari games.

Edited by pangasinan

He may not be making money out of this sale,he may have bought them himself previously and now sell them to get his money back...isnt that what we do with Atari games.

He's not selling the items. He's selling scans of the items. Regarding most literature, this is in violation of copyright. You cannot sell or even give them away...even tho it is doubtful that the copyright holder Atari would prosecute. The comic scans, however, are another matter. Those guys would definately be interested to know what is being done with their copyright.

He's not selling the items. He's selling scans of the items. Regarding most literature, this is in violation of copyright. You cannot sell or even give them away...even tho it is doubtful that the copyright holder Atari would prosecute. The comic scans, however, are another matter. Those guys would definately be interested to know what is being done with their copyright.

Nowadays you can buy mags,comics and other literature as pdf files everywhere,its not uncommon.They not necessary illegal scans,unless you can prove that he stole them.

Edited by pangasinan

Nowadays you can buy mags,comics and other literature as pdf files everywhere,its not uncommon.They not necessary illegal scans,unless you can prove that he stole them.

The main thing I would take issue with is if he lifted the scans from AtariAge, which are available for free here, and is selling them. It was a lot of work to get those magazines online. Judging by what he's selling, it does look suspicious. The only way to know would be to buy a copy from him and then compare them to the images here (you'd only need to look at a few pages to make a quick determination).

..Al

The main thing I would take issue with is if he lifted the scans from AtariAge, which are available for free here, and is selling them. It was a lot of work to get those magazines online. Judging by what he's selling, it does look suspicious. The only way to know would be to buy a copy from him and then compare them to the images here (you'd only need to look at a few pages to make a quick determination).

..Al

Agreed

post-6203-1200333724_thumb.jpgpost-6203-1200333734_thumb.jpg

Seems clear to me.

8)

:-o

Assuming you are showing his copy that he is selling and comparing it with what is here on AA, that is really really fucked up.

It's bad enough people steal Al's pics for auctions, but selling it?

Obviously the same pics.

Wow.

Edit... just realized that was just the pick from his auction... I guess we can still give the guy a tiny little small iota of the benefit of the doubt that the entire contents

is not ripped off AtariAge.

Edited by therealred5

Assuming you are showing his copy that he is selling and comparing it with what is here on AA, that is really really fucked up.

It's bad enough people steal Al's pics for auctions, but selling it?

Obviously the same pics.

Easy enough to get the auction ended.

Edit... just realized that was just the pick from his auction... I guess we can still give the guy a tiny little small iota of the benefit of the doubt that the entire contents

is not ripped off AtariAge.

Unlikely.

..Al

Looks like this guy is making a nice business of selling magazines and other materials on DVD. Here's a two DVD set of Nintendo Power:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 220191814010

I'm sure Nintendo would like to see this.

..Al

For the AA mags I say if you can't beat em join em then beat em.

Sell the same CD for $0.01 or 50 cents or 99 cents plus actual cost on shipping.

As for Nintendo yeah I wouldn't mess with Nintendo. He doesn't live in the US so I don't know how strict the laws are there but they would love to hear about it none the less.