IGNORED

Sinistar prototype now on ebay!

So what's the story behind the shell and label? Like who put it in there?

I'm curious about that as well. I have a 7800 proto with the same type label and it looks like the same handwriting. Is this original or did a collector put their own on?

Mitch

Open it.

I cant it seems that its been glued and i have tried to open it but i dont want to force it and crack the cart,unless you can tell me a way of opening it without breaking the cart.

Glued = not a prototype. :(

I will contact the person that sold it to me and and ask him why it is glued.

Edited by pangasinan

I'm curious about that as well. I have a 7800 proto with the same type label and it looks like the same handwriting. Is this original or did a collector put their own on?

Mitch

Can you post a pic of your 7800 cart as im also curious to see the writting on your label...thanks

But it looks like a prototype, doesn´t it?!?

Looks 100% legit to me.

I agree it is 100% legit,the person whom sold it to me is a well respected member here and would not rip me off,i fully believe his story about it coming from PR person at Atari,the only thing that has me miffed is why it was glued :? ,anyway i had put it back together and thrown it at the Atari and it works fine :)

Edited by pangasinan

But it looks like a prototype, doesn´t it?!?

Looks 100% legit to me.

I agree it is 100% legit,the person whom sold it to me is a well respected member here and would not rip me off,i fully believe his story about it coming from PR person at Atari,the only thing that has me miffed is why it was glued :? ,anyway i had put it back together and thrown it at the Atari and it works fine :)

I don't know why glue makes a difference, but it's the real deal.. That was sold by me, and I had around 75-80 or so prototypes (still have some 5200 ones left) that were purchased from a gentleman who worked at Atari/Magnavox/Hasbro. I did nothing to them except open a few up to verify boards/EPROMs and sold them. A lot had Lab Loaner labels, and some did not, but these are all from the same source. IN fact, he sold some Jaguar development carts and an unreleased Frogger N64 demo at the CGE last August, so unless he's faking protos and boards for every single system, they are very real.

Mitch

Can you post a pic of your 7800 cart as im also curious to see the writting on your label...thanks

It's in this thread.

Mitch

Mitch

It's in this thread.

Mitch

Wow you are right,it looks like the stickers were written on by the same person.... nice

Edited by pangasinan

I have managed to open up the cart but i have damaged the cart a bit (nothing i cant fix though), but the board inside looks like a prototype to me.

whatcha think ??

It's legit, but that's not the original cart shell...it's a Tramiel era 7800 shell, and 2600 Sinistar was developed long before that. IMO, this prototype probably didn't have a shell at all originally and someone later just stuck it in whatever case was laying around. I have no idea why they would have glued it shut though.