IGNORED

IG Retro gave The Dreadnaught Factor a 8.0

8th lutz

it's well deserved, it's the pride of my 5200 and is in the machine as we speak. I love the game. It's fantastic, and the way they did the box and instructions is movie production quality.

I would recommend the game to anybody and if it wasn't for the repetitiveness of the game, it would easily be a 10 out of 10, but what game at that time wasn't repetitive?

Wow, that's quite a contrast from the guy on Video Game Critic, who gave it a D- or some other naff rating. For what it's worth, I think the game is great, especially if you have a joystick with trimmers. Push the vertical trimmer all the way down, and you can wipe out rows of cannons and thrusters with ease!

Maybe the silly people at IGN actually PLAYED the game before writing a review.

Or, you know, it could just be because Activision is an 800lb advertising gorilla, and it might not be a good idea to associate a bad review with one of their games, even an ancient one like DF.

For the record, I think the game is fine. It underwhelms me in this day and age, but if I had ever owned it back in the day, I probably would have really liked it.

A *new* 5200 game review on a major site? Since when did that start! I wasn't even aware of "Ign Retro". Good!

This was a game I never owned back in the day, but I have tried it on emulation a few times. This review shows a person who gave the game some real time and found it to be good - I will play it next time I hook up my 5200, w/a RAM cart since I have no cart of D.F.

Edited by Cafeman