IGNORED

Civilization Revolution

Zeptari

I haven't played Civ since the first game, but I am soooo jealous. I can only hope for a PS3 port... I should break out Civ I again, nothing like Abraham Lincoln threatening you for the secret of the wheel... Good times...

Tempest

Interesting, I haven't even heard of this. I'm a huge fan of Civ since the first one, and Civ IV is simply stunning. I hope it does well on the console and brings the awesomeness that is Civ to a new crowd.

I'm definitely looking forward to this. What I'm not looking forward to is the amount of hours this will suck from me.

LOL, you got that right. The various Civ incarnations have sucked more of my life away than any other game ever. It's so powerful that I'm often afraid to start new Civ IV games, and definitely do not start them at 1:00 in the morning.

One more turn, just one more turn! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IGN.com has this for a release date!

US: June 3, 2008

4 page preview, hands on!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/851/851294p1.html

looks great!

Do we have a date for this yet??

According to GameInformer it's "Spring '08"

Should be an awesome game! And it is coming out for PS3 too.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm definitely looking forward to this. What I'm not looking forward to is the amount of hours this will suck from me.

Too many games, not enough time!

NEW updated preview!! multiplayer details!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/858/858017p1.html

me want!

-rick

Edited by Zeptari1

• 2 months later...

Played the demo this past week.

Great demo!

The set-up for multi player could be better.

But once i figured it out i had lots of fun.

Made a friend with someone up in Vermont.

He showed me lots of things i didn't know.

My 11 year old son said this about Civ Rev after

playing it, and i quote" This is better then pokemon!"

WOW!

everyone please try this demo!

-rick

• 1 month later...

I picked this up, and I have to say they did an outstanding job bringing the CIV experience to the console!

The game is modified a bit and sized for gameplay in a much shorter timeframe than it's big brother CIV IV, but it is a fantastic experience. Streamlined, faster paced, and wildly addicting. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cool:

I've heard nothing but good things about the game. I want to get it, but seriously I'm so backed up as it is I hate to buy any more games, what winds up happening is once I get around to playing the game, it's usually $20 cheaper to get so I'd be better off waiting. I do plan on getting this soon though I hope.

I want to get it, but seriously I'm so backed up as it is I hate to buy any more games

I hear that. I've put a good dent on the pile lately though. Down to four shrinkwrapped in the 360 pile and four in the PS3 pile. Three in the Wii pile along with a massive dust coat on the machine. :D

Revolution hit shortly after I finished Bad Company (which I really liked), but I would have put almost anything aside to try out Revolution. I love CIV. :cool:

Likewise with the "already own lots of games that need to be played" sentiments expressed by others. In fact, I'm so far behind in playing games I've already bought that I haven't even had time to try out the demo of Revolution that I downloaded on release day.....sigh.

Mendon

I've heard nothing but good things about the game. I want to get it, but seriously I'm so backed up as it is I hate to buy any more games, what winds up happening is once I get around to playing the game, it's usually $20 cheaper to get so I'd be better off waiting. I do plan on getting this soon though I hope.

I really want this one too... But i still have the 3 games i got for fathers day to play.

maybe in the fall, late sept or early oct. That's when i'll get it.

-rick

I've never been a big Civ fan (or indeed any games of the genre) but I played the demo (on PS3, sorry) and I love it! Just involving enough for a busy 30 something who frankly doesn't have the time to lose himself in the 'full fat' Civ.