IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Past Super Bowls

RSS Bot

Right now I'm converting Super Bowl XXXIX (2005) onto DVD from VHS. The VHS tape was playing bad in my old player, and it plays almost perfectly in my new one. Unfortunately I didn't tape the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake halftime show (From then on, I decided to tape them, but neither Mick Jagger nor Prince has had a wardrobe malfunction.) I put in a tape from 1986 earlier that was playing bad in my old player; again, flawless in the new one. So I was able to get a Bob Packwood ad onto DVD (remember him?) Up next tomorrow: Convert the 2006 Super Bowl. Last year, I had a short-lived cold on Super Bowl Sunday. I like watching games where I know what the final score will be. For example: Take yesterday's Blazer game. It went into overtime, and I was watching it nervously, and cheered when the guy from Atlanta missed the three pointer at the end of overtime and Portland won! I thought for sure Portland would blow it somehow, and they almost didn't win that one. I don't really care who wins this one (was sad that Seattle lost in 2006), but I mainly just watch and tape them for the ads. If you have $2.7 million, you could have bought an ad. Wouldn't it be cool if Albert came up with about $3 million and had a Super Bowl ad? I'd bet there'd be about a half-million people join up.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4437