IGNORED

Out of Control went pretty cheap!

Atarimania75

This one didn't go for much more! I kind of thought that this was close to rarity of River Patrol yet went for half of what River Patrol went for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-2600-OUT-OF-CONT...1QQcmdZViewItem

In my opinion there was just too many super rare games out there at the same time on Ebay. When that happens things are bound to go cheaper.

I think that with a rare title like this that has a relatively large (to the majority of Atari carts) price tag attached to it, once enough of the crazy diehard collectors get it, then there's a bit of saturation and the price tends to come down relative to what was set in the past. It still retains a higher than average value, which makes flipping it unattractive (as a stand-alone sale - rooking it in a lot from an unsuspecting seller is another matter as the resale value tends to be a lot higher then), and while you might see some fluctuation in price, overall the perceived value tends to settle down a bit.

I think that with a rare title like this that has a relatively large (to the majority of Atari carts) price tag attached to it, once enough of the crazy diehard collectors get it, then there's a bit of saturation and the price tends to come down relative to what was set in the past. It still retains a higher than average value, which makes flipping it unattractive (as a stand-alone sale - rooking it in a lot from an unsuspecting seller is another matter as the resale value tends to be a lot higher then), and while you might see some fluctuation in price, overall the perceived value tends to settle down a bit.

Great word choice... I like "diehard" much better than "crazy", and now I can stop wasting all that money on Prozac.

In my opinion there was just too many super rare games out there at the same time on Ebay. When that happens things are bound to go cheaper.

Yeah that´s right but IMO a loose Out of Control isn´t a super rare game!

Yes it is. They aren't offered for sale very often. There are no more than 200 floating around that's for damn sure. I see the same ones selling over and over again. People seem to assume that if there are 10 quadrun auctions a year on ebay, that account s for 10 copies of a rare game. That's just bad logic. It would likely work out to 6 or 7 unique carts the way people resell on ebay these days.

Yeah that´s right but IMO a loose Out of Control isn´t a super rare game!

Yes it is. They aren't offered for sale very often. There are no more than 200 floating around that's for damn sure. I see the same ones selling over and over again. People seem to assume that if there are 10 quadrun auctions a year on ebay, that account s for 10 copies of a rare game. That's just bad logic. It would likely work out to 6 or 7 unique carts the way people resell on ebay these days.

I agree, this one is far rarer than Music Machine and other games in the AA database as R10s and R9s.