IGNORED

Rare CAKEWALK W/BOX On ebay! NTSC Cart

Atarimania75

I revised it ...........I was thinking of adding it, but I really don't get the difference with this specific release if you could see the box where it is unfaded it has the U.S. address where the box has been made. The only thing different from this box and an NTSC box is it didn't have the sticker on the back. These boxes were most likely all made at once and since this one had a sticker on it and shipped to a different country does that make it worth less?

I revised it ...........I was thinking of adding it, but I really don't get the difference with this specific release if you could see the box where it is unfaded it has the U.S. address where the box has been made. The only thing different from this box and an NTSC box is it didn't have the sticker on the back. These boxes were most likely all made at once and since this one had a sticker on it and shipped to a different country does that make it worth less?

True I understand that. But collectors are nit picky. There is a certain sticker I could apply to a box. If I did this do you think collectors would be cool with me not mentioning that this was not the original box even though the boxes are the same. Just food for thought, and not meant to be a condemnation. Though I am happy you added that little detail about the box. :)

True I understand that. But collectors are nit picky. There is a certain sticker I could apply to a box. If I did this do you think collectors would be cool with me not mentioning that this was not the original box even though the boxes are the same. Just food for thought, and not meant to be a condemnation. Though I am happy you added that little detail about the box. :)

Thanks, I am kind of glad you said something ...........It could save me a headache later on. I should have mentioned it to start! :)

These boxes were most likely all made at once and since this one had a sticker on it and shipped to a different country does that make it worth less?

We just discussed this a few weeks ago. Yes, they were all made at the same time...but you can tell it was a PAL box from the dark area behind the sticker. The uneven fading is ugly and it's worth less just like any other discolored box would be. Although the box has heavy wear regardless, so I don't know how much it will really affect the value overall.

Just listed a bunch more stuff up for sale! Some very unique items!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwelcome2d80s

How come you did not say the Eli's Ladder was a Repro or an Aftermarket? Since when did "Retro-piece" become a word for Reproduction? Are you sure this buyer knows that your Eli's Ladder is a Repro. :ponder:

Edited by homerwannabee

Just listed a bunch more stuff up for sale! Some very unique items!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwelcome2d80s

How come you did not say the Eli's Ladder was a Repro or an Aftermarket? Since when did "Retro-piece" become a word for Reproduction? Are you sure this buyer knows that your Eli's Ladder is a Repro. :ponder:

I believe i added that it was made by an Atari enthusiast! Wouldn't that explain that it wasn't an original game?

I also stated Custom made box! I did this purely so my auctions wouldn't be pulled by ebay!

Edited by Atarimania75

Exactly, first I thought that Eli´s Ladder was an original cart in a custom made box..... :ponder:

I felt I listed the item correctly and the buyer should realize if it was made by an Atari enthusast that its not the origial, however since 2 people are on me about it already I just sent the buyer a message making sure he understood what this was. Also i changed my listing for the Bomb multicart with aftermarket in quotes so you all don't think i am being underhanded in my listings. If i thought i was I wouldn't have posted my ebay listings on the Atari Age site. Thank you for your concerns and now i am getting a bit impatient!

Shawn

I felt I listed the item correctly and the buyer should realize if it was made by an Atari enthusast that its not the origial, however since 2 people are on me about it already I just sent the buyer a message making sure he understood what this was. Also i changed my listing for the Bomb multicart with aftermarket in quotes so you all don't think i am being underhanded in my listings. If i thought i was I wouldn't have posted my ebay listings on the Atari Age site. Thank you for your concerns and now i am getting a bit impatient!

Shawn

Gotcha, I see what you are saying. I for some reason like the other poster thought you were referring to the box and not the game. Of course I realize that there is no way you would sell an actual loose Eli's Ladder for only $125.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELIS-LADDER-w-Box-Atar...1QQcmdZViewItem

Shawn

Gotcha, I see what you are saying. I for some reason like the other poster thought you were referring to the box and not the game. Of course I realize that there is no way you would sell an actual loose Eli's Ladder for only $125.

The buyer did email me back and he knew it was not the original.

Shawn

The buyer did email me back and he knew it was not the original.

Cool, happy everything is going OK. Good luck on your future auctions. :)

These boxes were most likely all made at once and since this one had a sticker on it and shipped to a different country does that make it worth less?

Yes but in this condition it doesn't matter too much. If the box were MINT other than a removed sticker it would matter quite a bit.

Yes but in this condition it doesn't matter too much. If the box were MINT other than a removed sticker it would matter quite a bit.

I disagree.

The box is still technically the same piece of cardboard as was sold in US markets.

People assemble & upgrade pieces all the time to better complete their collections.

And if it wasn't for the sunfading that's visible here, none would be the wiser. I think it's a mentality of collectors who have paid triple what a box is worth because they thought they were getting the true NTSC specimen who are concerned that values will fall if more accept the practice of piecing together boxed sets from PAL land when there are no discernible differences.

I think this practice has been going on for some time now and most collectors here really don't know the true origins of their boxes if the seller doesn't tell. There are a number of rare games/boxes that are identical PAL/NTSC be it a sticker or lack there of, and really it's a matter of ethics/morals if the original seller wishes to reveal such information.

I believe in cases where an NTSC box originally had a sticker, that sticker HAS to be there for it to be considered correct, true NTSC. This is still easy to correct, if you know what's missing, and/or how to replace it.

In cases where removing a sticker will make a box identical to the NTSC release, then it is by my opinion a true NTSC package at that point.

I used to have Cakewalk, and Mines of Minos, didn't they have longer cartridges with rounded edges?

I disagree.

The box is still technically the same piece of cardboard as was sold in US markets.

People assemble & upgrade pieces all the time to better complete their collections.

And if it wasn't for the sunfading that's visible here, none would be the wiser. I think it's a mentality of collectors who have paid triple what a box is worth because they thought they were getting the true NTSC specimen who are concerned that values will fall if more accept the practice of piecing together boxed sets from PAL land when there are no discernible differences.

I think this practice has been going on for some time now and most collectors here really don't know the true origins of their boxes if the seller doesn't tell. There are a number of rare games/boxes that are identical PAL/NTSC be it a sticker or lack there of, and really it's a matter of ethics/morals if the original seller wishes to reveal such information.

I believe in cases where an NTSC box originally had a sticker, that sticker HAS to be there for it to be considered correct, true NTSC. This is still easy to correct, if you know what's missing, and/or how to replace it.

In cases where removing a sticker will make a box identical to the NTSC release, then it is by my opinion a true NTSC package at that point.

If you send a comic book for grading they test for the smallest sign of tape removal under blacklight. Tapes contain chemicals that are left behind even if the sticker is removed. They now grade videogames so in a MINT example it will be a big difference in the grade and possibly the price. Thats only at the the high end at the mid to low end there wouldn't be that big a difference. It might even get the same grade but the sticker removal will be noted if detected.

You are right game collectors have been using tricks like this for some time and no one the wiser but under a grading service all those little details will come to light.