IGNORED

Trak Ball works with 4-port but not 2-port.

Dutchman2000

I just got a working 2-port 5200. I tried my working trak-ball on it and it would not detect movement. The keypad and fire buttons work, but when I roll the ball no movement is registered. The trak ball works fine on my 4-port system.

What could be the problem?

Hmm, does the controller port on the 2port output 5v on the correct pin? Sorry I don't remember which pin it's on. I believe the 5v "signal" is only used for the trackball circuitry. Though I believe the Masterplay adapter may use it, if you have one you could try and see if that fails on your 2port as well.

Mitch

I just got a working 2-port 5200. I tried my working trak-ball on it and it would not detect movement. The keypad and fire buttons work, but when I roll the ball no movement is registered. The trak ball works fine on my 4-port system.

Do standard CX52 controllers work on the 2 port? Try both ports (2 player game), if port one doesn't work & port 2 does, you probably have a damaged male pin. If neither work, it's your motherboard.

Testing Tempest? ;-)

Peace

Do standard CX52 controllers work on the 2 port? Try both ports (2 player game), if port one doesn't work & port 2 does, you probably have a damaged male pin. If neither work, it's your motherboard.

Testing Tempest? ;-)

Peace

Yes, a CX-52 joystick works fine on the 2 port. Yes I am preparing to test Tempest on both style machines to insure compatibility.

Testing Tempest? ;-)

Peace

Yes, a CX-52 joystick works fine on the 2 port. Yes I am preparing to test Tempest on both style machines to insure compatibility.

Yea, just send it over here. I will test it on my many 5200's. :ponder: Yea, that's it.

Just kidding.

We are all jealous but excited as well. I think Dutchman is going to have some sleepless nights soon since he won't be able to tear himself away from playing Tempest.

Allan

Hmm, does the controller port on the 2port output 5v on the correct pin? Sorry I don't remember which pin it's on. I believe the 5v "signal" is only used for the trackball circuitry. Though I believe the Masterplay adapter may use it, if you have one you could try and see if that fails on your 2port as well.

Mitch

It does. I have a couple of trackballs and they work fine on my 5200. I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason that the controller wouldn't work on a known good 2 port machine. Maybe there's a slightly distorted contact in the trackball cable that isn't contacting with a pin in the console, but for whatever reason does contact in the 4 port machine.

I assume the trackball was verified to work on the 4 port again after it failed on the 2 port.

Mitch

It does. I have a couple of trackballs and they work fine on my 5200. I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason that the controller wouldn't work on a known good 2 port machine. Maybe there's a slightly distorted contact in the trackball cable that isn't contacting with a pin in the console, but for whatever reason does contact in the 4 port machine.

I assume the trackball was verified to work on the 4 port again after it failed on the 2 port.

Yes. I tried it on my 4-port again and it worked just fine.