IGNORED

5200 masterplay interface adapter question

opeygon

what's up with the second fire button? by that i mean what is it and how does it operate?

please consider that i know what the interface adapter is and how that works. i'm just wondering how the second fire button ties into it all.

thanks in advance to all who reply :cool:

Simple, some (a few anyway) 5200 games required a second firebutton. Since the Masterplay allowed you to use the standard one button 2600 joysticks, this would let you use the second button! :)

roger that. but how does it tie in to the adapter. i mean, i've seen one and i know it has a standard 2600 connection and a 5200 connection on one side, and a 5200 plug on the other, but where does the second fire button plug in? and is it easy to use with the 2600 controller? i never knew that you could get a second fire button. it seems to me that it would be hard to use. does it attach to the 2600 controller or something?

The button plugs into the interface via a 1/8 mono jack. The button came with 2 sided tape so you could mount it where you want. To be honest it is horribly awkward and of little use.

However it is a standard 1/8 mini plug on the interface. So you can easily modify other controllers with a wire and plug to go in to the adapter.

I use a Coleco Gemini Joystick I modified with an extra button.

Here is a good picture of it:

5200system.jpg

The button plugs into the interface via a 1/8 mono jack. The button came with 2 sided tape so you could mount it where you want. To be honest it is horribly awkward and of little use.

However it is a standard 1/8 mini plug on the interface. So you can easily modify other controllers with a wire and plug to go in to the adapter.

5200system.jpg

bingo! thanks man. just what i needed to know :cool:

5200system.jpg

bingo! thanks man. just what i needed to know :cool:

Just curious. Since you have the Wico Keypad why not just use the Wico stick with it instead of the interface and a reworked Coleco Gemini Stick?

The wico stick is analog. I'm no fan of it. I have a few, even one boxed with the manual, but they are all too sensative, and the stick bounces when returning to center if you let it go. Sounds wierd but when I use one my player always seems to be turning around and going the other way when I wanted to just stop. Plus I hate the feel of the bottomless buttons.

Funny thing is, I like the Gemini stick, even though it is very "cheap" after all. :)

For games that don't need an analog stick, the masterplay is the way to go. (or equivelant)