IGNORED

Any way to exclude sellers from eBay search?

Captain Beard

I'm guessing not, but I'm curious if there's a way I'm unaware of to block certain sellers from appearing when you do an eBay search?

I've been CD shopping and am really tired of always getting the same three or four giant Power Sellers who claim to have everything under the sun in stock and have ridiculous s&h charges.

Thanks, vga --

Not sure how I missed it before, but it's right there in the Advanced Search (you can Include or Exclude up to 10 sellers.)

Hooray!

So who the hell is willing to pay $6-$7 to have a single CD shipped anyway? Why?

If the total is the lowest, what's the difference? (Devil's advocate)

I order all my media from DeepDiscount.com, free shipping and low prices! I learned about them when someone had them drop ship me a CD I thought I was buying on eBay! :ponder:

Thanks, vga --

Not sure how I missed it before, but it's right there in the Advanced Search (you can Include or Exclude up to 10 sellers.)

So who the hell is willing to pay $6-$7 to have a single CD shipped anyway? Why?

Just a personal preference -- I don't like doing business with sleazeballs. If I'm gonna pay $12 or more for a CD I'm sure as shit not gonna buy it from some sleazy warehouse full of crap on eBay who jack up their s&h costs to skirt paying eBay fees.

I was bargain hunting this morning - basically looking for cheap used stuff - and I just got tired of repeatedly seeing "stores" like these on every single search: White Elephant Media who want $5.99 to ship a single disc, $2.99 for each additional CD! (And if you buy enough, they downgrade you from 1st Class to Media Mail! What a deal!) or kevheadmedia, who admittedly charge "only" $5.50, but that includes mandatory insurance oh, and they won't combine shipping at all! How very customer-friendly, no?

There's enough options out there that I don't feel the need to do business with folks with such ridiculous policies.

Bubble mailers are around 30 cents each in bulk and 1st Class Mail postage comes to less than $2. So what excuse is there to charge more than $4 for s&h?

Thanks, vga --

Just a personal preference -- I don't like doing business with sleazeballs.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Sure price-wise it all comes out in the wash. But to deal with and support someone who is willing to cheat ebay for extra cash, why would you possibly trust them with sending the right product, on time, and decently packaged so as to protect the item? Awnser is; you can't.

I'm glad for VGA's info. I never knew that and am going to look into it. Thanks man!

Yes, you can exclude up to ten sellers in a search; what's more, you can save a generic search, say for "cd" in "CDs" with excluded sellers. That way, you can call up the saved search, and then add the actual CD you are after without having to type the list of excluded sellers each time. Pretty cool.

(Hey, this is my 500th post. Yay, I'm promoted from Moonsweeper to Dragonstomper!)

Yes, you can exclude up to ten sellers in a search; what's more, you can save a generic search, say for "cd" in "CDs" with excluded sellers. That way, you can call up the saved search, and then add the actual CD you are after without having to type the list of excluded sellers each time. Pretty cool.

(Hey, this is my 500th post. Yay, I'm promoted from Moonsweeper to Dragonstomper!)

Congrats on the promotion. ;)

Congrats on the promotion. ;)

Thanks, I was curious so I looked at the member roster and did a little math, and it turns out that less than 4% of members have 500 or more posts!