IGNORED

Atari 800 and 48K of RAM

Sean39

Hi everyone

Does anyone know how to get more than 48K of memory???? I would like t get more than 48K of

memory in my atari 800. Is there an upgrade kit made to do this or is there high memory boards than 16K to

give the Atari 800 more memory. I have three 16K memory boards in mine right now,but I would like to have more than

48K of RAM. Anyways I don't want to make this to long,but I need help getting more memory in my computer.

Sean39

Hi everyone

Does anyone know how to get more than 48K of memory???? I would like t get more than 48K of

memory in my atari 800. Is there an upgrade kit made to do this or is there high memory boards than 16K to

give the Atari 800 more memory. I have three 16K memory boards in mine right now,but I would like to have more than

48K of RAM. Anyways I don't want to make this to long,but I need help getting more memory in my computer.

Sean39

The only easy way is to get an axlon compatible ram board. this usually has 256k of ram on it that is bank switched into the $4000,$7FFF area just like the XL-XE ram upgrade, but unlike the XL, the resister is usually at $CFFF.

There is a 32K ram board available but the factory limit for the 800 is 48K of ram.

Getting 64K just like the XL is going to be much more difficult. There was at least one upgrade around that would give 64K but the OS was a modified rev B.

James

Hi everyone

Sean39

The only easy way is to get an axlon compatible ram board. this usually has 256k of ram on it that is bank switched into the $4000,$7FFF area just like the XL-XE ram upgrade, but unlike the XL, the resister is usually at $CFFF.

There is a 32K ram board available but the factory limit for the 800 is 48K of ram.

Getting 64K just like the XL is going to be much more difficult. There was at least one upgrade around that would give 64K but the OS was a modified rev B.

James

If you look on the U Mich archive,there is a text file on how to modify the center board to give you 288k and is Axlon compatabile.

Edited by dinosaur