IGNORED

for anyone using a pc stick adapter

midnight8

This little joystick I found at a goodwill seems to be about the best one I have found to use w/my 5200. It is called a Mach 1 by ch products. Most of the pc sticks I have used seem to be almost unusable on certain games but this one seems to work well on most. It has buttons to lock auto centering or if you want you can unlock the autocentering for a game like breakout where you don't want to use it. Both fire buttons are also pretty easy to get to. I also like the stick is pretty short and you can actually use it almost like a thumbstick. only problem I have found is that it is a little over sensitive on missile command. Anyone else have sticks they have found that work well?

post-15685-1202841098_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, that's the good old fashioned Apple II joystick design. Those sticks do work pretty well... it's hard to believe they came from the early 1980's, where engineers worked their hardest to make controllers as unresponsive and counter-ergonomic as possible!

The two PC joysticks that I've used with my 5200 include a flightstick of indeterminate brand (possibly Thrustmaster?) and a Doc's PC Controller, which borrows heavily from the design of the stock Super NES joypad. As I've mentioned before on this site, the flightstick works wonders with Star Wars: The Arcade Game. The Doc's joypad is pretty good for games with digital control, but after Prodos8 and I finished that Sega Genesis controller adapter, it quickly went into retirement.

I presume that early PC steering wheels would work pretty well with the 5200, but there aren't very many games on the 5200 which would make the most of it. You've got the so-so port of Pole Position, and that's pretty much it.

CH sticks are top-notch! I used to have several Mach-2s (just like the above except the stick had a fire button) for my A2e back in the day. They're good for analog sticks, but they fall short of digital sticks/game pads. Instead of the PC joystick adapter I'd just build a digital stick adapter aka masterplay clone, you won't regret it.

Oh yeah, that's the good old fashioned Apple II joystick design. Those sticks do work pretty well... it's hard to believe they came from the early 1980's, where engineers worked their hardest to make controllers as unresponsive and counter-ergonomic as possible!

The two PC joysticks that I've used with my 5200 include a flightstick of indeterminate brand (possibly Thrustmaster?) and a Doc's PC Controller, which borrows heavily from the design of the stock Super NES joypad. As I've mentioned before on this site, the flightstick works wonders with Star Wars: The Arcade Game. The Doc's joypad is pretty good for games with digital control, but after Prodos8 and I finished that Sega Genesis controller adapter, it quickly went into retirement.

I presume that early PC steering wheels would work pretty well with the 5200, but there aren't very many games on the 5200 which would make the most of it. You've got the so-so port of Pole Position, and that's pretty much it.

r u selling a genesis adapter. the genesis controllers are one of my favorites, or I would love to be able to pay to get an n64 stick that would work on the 5200