IGNORED

A8 to 5200 adaptor

Shawn

Thanks, I figured it would be alot of work. Looks like best cause that is possible, yet not very plausable is to have a 400 adaptor and even that seems to be too much of a stretch.

It'd be a cool idea, but I think if it were feasible someone would have done it by now. Oh well.

Instead of a passive adapter, why not a program that rewrites A8 games to the 5200 format?

Rewriting sections of code for the joystick, trigger, key handling are all logically based as are rewriting interrupts and redefining addresses. Of course the adapter would have to be its own mini computer to do this. But I see nothing stopping someone from say writing such a program for the mac or pc and burning the conversion result to a 5200 based EPROM. This seems more logical than rewriting every A8 game to the 5200 by hand. But I could be completely off my rocker.

Any A8 to 5200 adapter would only realy work on games that do not do xl/xe bankswitching and anything that is sub 48k...what would be a better idea is a 5200 emu/adapter for the A8 (due to the fact that the A8 has a keyboard and could easily run most if not all 5200 games...thanks to glenn the 5200 man)

Any A8 to 5200 adapter would only realy work on games that do not do xl/xe bankswitching and anything that is sub 48k...what would be a better idea is a 5200 emu/adapter for the A8 (due to the fact that the A8 has a keyboard and could easily run most if not all 5200 games...thanks to glenn the 5200 man)

Why bother. I believe almost all of the 5200 games have been converted to the 8-bit computers.

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-8-...CENCE_ID-1.html

Allan

Edited by Allan

• 7 months later...